B100L Engine Temperature

tmaken2157

Cadet
My B100L seems to run pretty warm, there is a strong tell tale stream and the thermostat has been removed and checked. I blew compressed air thru the thermostat well and it came out somewhere and I blew air up thru the exhaust and it came out somewhere as well, so I don't suspect too much about blockage.. Does any one know how warm thuis engine should get and when the thermostat does open how much water comes out the exhaust. THis motor is a late 1980 and has been used in fresh water only

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: B100L Engine Temperature

Where are you putting your hands,pyrometer,whatever,on this engine, to come to that conclusion.This a four stroke engine with oil passages that get pretty warm.The sides of the cylinders will be very warm.Check that temp at the t stat hssy at the top of the mani for the most appropriate reading.

tmaken2157

Cadet
Re: B100L Engine Temperature

I guess I am not that use to being this close to a motor while its running, My last one was a 1959 jonson 18 connected to controls. The top was very warm...normal I suppose, the sides were very hot normal again I suppose, the upper portion of the lower unit just below the motor proper also very warm, but the exhaust goes there and thats hot....

The wife says I worry too much, the truth is I hate rowing.

Thanks for your comment, I'll stop whining and just go fix my transon.

Take it easy