awarded $850,000......

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Frederick Puglisi, 23, was awarded $850,000 by a jury in Ramsey, N.J., in September, for injuries, including a disfigured hand caused by frostbite, suffered when he got drunk at a party, set out on foot, and passed out in a snow bank. The jury determined that his injuries were worth $1 million in damages and that Puglisi was only 15 percent responsible. (Ramsey police and the Bergen county police bore greater fault because they had failed to respond quickly enough to a 911 call about a man passed out in a snow bank.)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: awarded $850,000......

15% responsible...who was the 85% that held him down and poured the alcohol down his throat until he was too drunk to walk home!<br /><br />It's the sign of the times and I hate it. Everyone trying to be PC....and blame others for their stupidity!<br /><br />People need to be accountable for their actions, but lets just blame everyone else. BS!

f_inscreenname

Commander

Its funny you posted that today. I just received a letter to be part of a class action law suit for a stock I owned back in 2001. The company has settled and I should submit my paperwork for my share. The layers get somewhere around 5 million and I get 42 cents (no joke). Now take out the price of a stamp and .... :mad: <br />Makes you think if the system works. :confused:

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We are just starting to get the Ambulance chasers in the UK. Worst Ive seen is a young kid got run over and killed his fault and the driver sued the family for distress because the child was living at home. Worlds gone mad. Not bad enough they lost their child but to be dragged through the courts. :mad:

NYMINUTE

Captain

The maddness never ends. Hey maybe we can sue the news media for reporting these stories, causing us i-boaters finger cramps, anxiety in posting, and of course the infamous "PUNITIVE DAMAGES" I will represent all for a mere 86% :p