Avon Valves—what kind? Need an adapter

jimmwaller

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all,

I recently bought an Avon Supersport S4-60 inflatable. It has a few valves on it, but I can't for the life of me figure out what kind of valves they are.

I've bought 2 different foot pumps, and they both came with adapters that said that they fit Avons and neither of them seem to have the right adapter.

I included photos of the valves, can anyone point me to either the kind of adapter, or a link to the adapter for sale?

Would be very appreciated, thank you!

valve1.jpg

valve2.jpg

valve3.jpg

jimmwaller

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just found out that these are likely Leafield A7 valves, and I'm having an impossible time finding an adapter. However, it looks like the outer ring just unscrews... any chance I can just screw a different 'outer ring' on there and use a more common adapter? thanks

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Hi

are you in the U.K. ?
really common valve fitment over here (obviously being an Avon).
Its a push tapered fit on the Avon usually or if more modern, sometimes a quarter turn.
Forgive me for even mentioning, but presumably you have unscrewed the wee valve in the centre when trying to inflate ? Haha. It pictured in the deflation position. Just in case, haha.
If you in uk, I’ll send you a link to a pump and or adapter.

jimmwaller

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi QBhoy,

I think these have the quarter turn threads.... they look threaded, anyways.

I'm actually not in the UK.... but I wonder if I could get one to the USA from there somehow?

So I guess I have three questions:

One, Does anyone know any resources to get an adapter in the USA?
Two, how hard is it to change these valves out for more modern valves?

Three, does it work to just pressure a hose in? The lock is just for convenience, is that right? I see this one: http://www.ibsparts.co.uk/a4-a5-a7-b7-c7-d7-3-4-inflate-adaptor-21mm-od.html that says it fits a7, b7, c7, d7 valves, but it looks like it just pressures in.

But does this mean that a c7 or d7 screw adapter would maybe fit an a7?

Thanks!

p.s. I actually didn't know that they had a deflate position! luckily I am in the process of deflating but I'm super glad to know that before I tried to inflate next :) very appreciated info