Avon Stern Light

300sflyer

Chief Petty Officer
Hi folks, I recently bought a used Avon 360, with a 40HP Yamaha outboard. Seems to be a really nice dinghy! The stern telescopic navigation light [goes up and down on its own when you turn the lights on] is not working. I had a quick look at the mechanism and it is toast... I've looked online, but haven't had any luck finding a replacement. Does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A 360 whether being a Sib or Rib powered with a 40 HP motor is way too much for that size inflatable. Be gentle with the throttle and move load up front as to avoid an up bow attitude for too long when trying to plane the combo.

Contact Avon and ask them : www.inflatableboats.net/avon-inflatable-boats/

Happy Boating

300sflyer

Chief Petty Officer
The dinghy is rated for up to 40HP, and with 5 adults in it, it will likely need almost every one of those ponies to get up on plane. :)
Thanks for the link. I will give them a try.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
OK, that's a combo rated for max 40 HP motor and max 5 adult use, with 2 souls on board that combo should fly direct to Mars. Been wondering why Avon rates their "dinghies" with higher HP motors while other manufacturers rates theirs with less when comparing same size inflatables between them.

Happy Boating

BlueSpruce

Recruit
If the electrical circuit your light is on is protected by a fuse, check to ensure that it isn't blown. Replace it and then check to see if the light works again. If you find a circuit breaker toggle for the circuit your light is on has been tripped, switch it back to the on position and see if your light illuminates.

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
OK, that's a combo rated for max 40 HP motor and max 5 adult use, with 2 souls on board that combo should fly direct to Mars. Been wondering why Avon rates their "dinghies" with higher HP motors while other manufacturers rates theirs with less when comparing same size inflatables between them.

Happy Boating
Searider. It’s an Avon. Best in the world, in my opinion. 40hp no bother for these.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Searider. It’s an Avon. Best in the world, in my opinion. 40hp no bother for these.
QBhoy, now the expensive brand very well, got it, that's 40 HP for max passengers allowed, nervous behaviour when lightly loaded at full grip specially when running any tiller 40 HP at max wot rpm range factory stated...

Happy Boating