RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I tried to put on a avatar pic , but I can not transfer it to the avatar section. Am I doing something wrong? , or does this privilage come with more rank? :( <br /> Thanks!<br />Larry

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Avatar ?

You have to have one hosted somewhere on the WWW or pick one from iboats selections.<br /><br />If you have one hosted somewhere, you have to CC&P it's location into the proper place in your profile which is at the top of this page.

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry, I guess I don't know much. I have it hosted on a site. I copy the URL,go to my profile on IBOATS, I go to the avatar section, but then there is no place to paste it in the avatar section. Any ideas?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Go to top of page and click "my profile".<br />Then click "edit profile".<br /><br />Once there scroll down to where you see, "select an avatar or select a different avatar".<br />Click that and a page will come up with a host of different avatars on it.<br /><br />There will be a box at the bottom that says, "use custom URL" where you can enter the url of your avatar. Paste it there.<br /><br />Click "set url" <br /><br />Now your avatar should show up on the top left of that page.<br />Click, "Select this avatar"<br /><br />That should do it.

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks SBN, <br /> I haven't done yet but I'll get it!<br /> Larry

JB

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Red Ranger. ( :D )The software is picky in ways beyond my understanding about what it will accept and what not.<br /><br />I had to have help after I gave up several times.<br /><br />SBN seems to have the code, along with a few others. I don't. :(

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

what do you meen hosted on a site?We have smiley central that we use with email,but can't get one to work as avatar???

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by fixin:<br /> what do you meen hosted on a site?We have smiley central that we use with email,but can't get one to work as avatar???
fixin, you need to have webhosting site on the WWW to host your pictures and stuff.<br />www.photobucket.com is a good one.<br />www.freepichosting.com is another.<br /><br />Then once you have a pic or avatar hosted there, you can get the url to the pic/avatar that you want to use in different places and post them there.<br />Just like your's is hosted here on iboats.<br />
atvsmiley.gif

RedRangerVIP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JB ,<br /> Thanks I'm glad I wasn't the only one. It's times like that when I want to throw the computer out the window!!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I give up.I did everything you said.I got the picture in the little box,but then it won't let me select this avatar???I push the buton ,but nothing....

SpinnerBait_Nut

Maybe it's too big fixin.<br />Right click the picture you want to use and then click properties.<br />It will show you what size it is.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by fixin:<br /> says 2441 byts
There will also be another size like 65X65 or something to that effect. Like your's is 48X48.