ALAG3

Seaman
I figured out how to save a pic to a web hosting site, and copied and pasted the url to the block where it asks for it in my profile. I then clicked on select avatar and it went back to my profile page where I now see my pic in the little box on the profile page. I have tried clicking on the update profile button at the bottom of the page, but the image then disappears. What am I doing wrong? My file size is 308 kb and it is a .jpg. Please help!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Avatar question

It's frustrating and at times trial and error.<br /><br />Put the URL in and when you see your tiny picture you need to click on it and also click on select this avatar. Then hit update profile.<br /><br />My original would not work with the first hosting site then I changed to Photobucket.<br /><br />Bob

Dunaruna

Admiral

Yep, photobucket.com.<br /><br />Sometimes your profile takes a few hours to update. Take two avatars and check it in the morning :D

ALAG3

Seaman

what the heck am I doing wrong? Now it saves it, but the picture is huge...AAAARRRRGGGHHHH

ALAG3

Seaman

several resizings later.....voila! Thanks for the referral to Photobucket!

AaronG

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't get mine to work either. ARrgh

Wotknot

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just look at my av.....you'll see what constipation does for ya... :D

Coolmaker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can anyone tell me how to get my avatar to be clearer? Any help would be appreciated!!!<br /><br /> Thanks