Auto Club

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Soon I will be asked by AAA to renew my membership, along with my daughter and son's. AAA has just about priced us out of the fold. Does anyone out there use any other auto club and what are your experiences?

aspeck

Staff member
Re: Auto Club

Nope, AAA only here. I think they are still only $24 a year in our area, but not sure - She-who-must-be-obeyed takes care of the payments, so it could have gone up.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Google "Auto Club" - dozens of entries come up.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

You might want to consider your total yearly cost to AAA and what services you actually have used, when's the last time you needed a tow, gas, a jump start, lock out service, or a bail bond, even travel maps are free on the internet, it might be cheaper to drop them and pay as you go. If your main concern is towing consider adding towing insurance to your car policy, likely less than $20 a year. Seems to me many car insurance companies offer road service similar to AAA or other auto clubs. Good luck.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I think towing with my car insurance was like 5-7 bucks a year.<br /><br />Otherwise, I dont need it.<br /><br />Ken

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> Nope, AAA only here. I think they are still only $24 a year in our area, but not sure - She-who-must-be-obeyed takes care of the payments, so it could have gone up.
You gotta be kiddin!!!!! It is over $100/year here in my area for the premier service!!! If it were only $24, I would treat my sons and my wife and myself to our own seperate accounts!!! I only used AAA for one year while my kids were home, due to their negligence in having gas in teh tank at all times!! Or locking their keys in teh car...etc...

spratt

Lieutenant

Admittedly, I am peeking at that magic number in April...at least I can get Senior Discounts at the local restaurants!!!!

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Actual Florida bumper sticker.<br /><br />I'm a senior citizen, where's my discount?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I am 35, why does AARP keep sending me a membership (yes, really)? :confused: :confused: <br /><br />Ken

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

If it covers your boat trailer, especially a tow with a broken trailer, definitely worth it.<br />If you have one of the vehicles that reqires being towed on a flatbed, make sure it is covered.<br /><br /><br />Parents have had AAA for 15 years, sister and I for 5 years each.<br />Mom used it once, flat tire in a snowstorm.<br />Dad never used it.<br />I never used it.<br />Sister, well, probably 7-8 times. Tows from 2 different accidents, out of gas, dead battery, tow for a dead fuel injection computer, etc. And she's the one with the newest car. ?? ?