Auto Bilge Pump Question

18Starcraft

Seaman Apprentice
Have to replace my bilge pump. Have always used a manual pump with the separate float switch on other boats. My Starcraft has a tighter area to work with and I am looking at the Rule 25S that switches on every 2.5 minutes for a second to see if water exists. The other choice is the Rule 500 with enclosed float switch. There are times I may not get to boat for a week or two. Does the 25S use that much power switching on every 2.5 minutes? I'm more worried about rain accumlating than boat leaking. Any ideas?

pole position

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Auto Bilge Pump Question

I have the Rule mate pumps (built in automatic float switch) and have to say that they are in both boats,28&33 ft. I think I have five of the 750 gph ones.No problems with anyof them. I'm not too fond of the computerized ones. My son had one and seemed like his batteries were always dead.

18Starcraft

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Auto Bilge Pump Question

Thanks, I was just a little worried about the computerized ones. I have enough problems with computers and electronics. I will probably go with the the rule that has a built in float switch. No one except the guy at the boat store had anything good to say about the unit that turns on every 2.5 minutes looking for water. He felt that it really was not too much of a electrical drain but still every 2.5 minutes?