SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
'nuff said. :D <br />
ATT1.jpg
ATT2.jpg

Kiwi Phil

Commander
Re: Australia's Most Wanted

Thanks SBN post re-sizing these shots for me. Much appreciated.<br />These shots are of me (good looking one) :D and my worker,(in the leather hat) with the product we grow.<br />In the front are herbs (that's the green stuff) and the colourful stuff are potted annual bedding plants.<br />I reckon we can produce a top product.<br />A 2nd worker does the deliveries.He has more front office appeal than the rest of us, (except for the wife of course) ;) <br />The worker in the photos is the type of worker we all need. We get on really well together PLUSS he is a Motor Mechanic by trade, hence all the vehicles and the boat are in excellant nick. I no longer employ people from the horticultural industry. <br />I now take on tradesmen who want a change. I teach them to do things here my way, they bring skills I do not have. A really good arrangement, and saves me a fortune. I have had this guy for about 5 yrs and would like to think he will be here for ever.<br />If you want to know anything about growing, let me know. I'm also pretty crash hot on Roses too.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dang Phillip,<br /><br />You have 2 green thumbs, the flowers and herbs look great.

bubbakat

Captain

Phil those plants look great. :cool: Can't say as much about the legs on the guy holding them though. :eek: <br />If you are in that business you would love it here. ;) <br />we are called the nursery capital of the world.<br />I would adventure to say we have around 1000 nursery growers here in my county alone and hot houses and green houses dot the land scape every where you look.<br />Multi billion dollar business here. :) <br />But there are of course some who grow a cash crop of another variety. and to those I try to lock up. :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

hot houses and green houses dot the land scape every where you look.<br />
I didn't think you needed hot houses down there, Bubbakat.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

bubbacat...I would really like to see through those large production Nurseries. <br />I could learn so much.<br />Personally, I started 12+ yrs back with no experience what so ever, and have learnt by trial and error. (and have I made some errors!!)I am a small operator, but have worked out that by having very low over-heads, you don't have to sell much to make really good money.<br />If one of my kids had ever shown any interest then that would have been great. They would have had freehold land, buildings, equipment and vehicles (plus a Chain Store Customer) to start off with to build on, but oh-no, the old man is nothing but a silly old f*rt and works too hard. (Havn't we all heard that before)<br />The 10yr old is showing promise, but he still has 8 yrs of schooling to go to have all the initiative kicked out of him, and to comply with everybody else.<br />So I do it on a small scale, with my odd-ball workers, my wife and the boat, and life is OK.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

bubbakat

Captain

That is what is all about phil.<br />I have seen green houses here that are 300 feet long. They will grow every thing you can grow in a pot in it.<br />You are right on the good money. I have a brother and his wife that have a few small ones and they live good off of it.<br /><br /><br />
I didn't think you needed hot houses down there, Bubbakat
boom most of them don't use houses to grow it in. They grow it out side in the open and that makes it a whole lot easier to spot from the air. :D <br />We have raided so many patches that we have ran some of them inside though.<br />I have got some pix with me in a patch with that stuff standing 15 feet tall. :rolleyes: