Aurora Borealis

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
I was stuck working on an airplane Monday night, so I didn't get to see them. But the lights were out in tremendous force up here.<br /><br />Here is a link to some awesome pictures. BTW, we usually can't see them very well here in town because of the light pollution. Some of these pictures are taken with lots of light pollution. Imagine how they looked away from the city!!<br /><br /> Northern Lights Pictures <br /><br />I don't know if you have to be registered on the site or not. It is free and they don't spam you though.<br /><br />AK Chappy

D

DJ

Re: Aurora Borealis

Always awesome. It really puts into perspective just how small we are in this world and universe.

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Awsome pics AK, thankyou, been trying to get up to Alaska all my life but the farthest I have made it is Hyder, not t he real thing......someday hopefully.<br /> Whats the fishing like up there, are there many Canuckel heads there (Canadians)..<br />Victoria is getting way to big for me

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Chappy they were the best I've seen in years.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Kiekhaeferscurse,<br />Wow, that was a bit to type!<br />The fishing is terrible, at least that's what I try to tell people... :D :D <br /><br />It is great. However, if you can drive, ATV, walk, or boat to it, it is crowded. There are some places that you can boat to that aren't crowded, but they are closely guarded secrets.<br /><br />Charters are relatively inexpensive. Esp when compared to Lower 48 places like Florida and So. Cal. <br /><br />AK Chappy

aspeck

Staff member

Impressive - always wanted to see them in person. Alaska is one of my wish for destinations - Brother as hunted there, niece lived in Anchorage for about 6 months, entire family - brothers & wives, all their kids, mom, all went on cruise there together (I was on other side of world at time). One day I will make it there - we can sleep on the floor, are not hard to get along with, will eat almost anything:( ... :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Brian,<br />I wish I could claim them as mine.<br />I found them on our local newspaper's website, that's all. <br /><br />AK Chappy