Attn: SoulWinner

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class
SoulWinner what years were you at Fort Riley?<br />and what unit were you with?. I have been at Riley 4 years. I was in the army for 21 years. Ret in Aug. :)

SoulWinner

Commander
Re: Attn: SoulWinner

Hi Booner! I was in the HHC 1st of the 1st, Aviation. If you go to the motor pool on the air field, there is a como room there with the Como emblem painted on the wall. I painted that! I arrived at Fort Riley July of 1989, and was discharged Feb 24, 1991. That was when The Big Red One was at Fort Riley. I was a Teletype operator, but that technology was being fazed out of the army, so I never got to send or recieve messages, except to open and close the net when we were on FTX. I was the Comsec Custodian for the brigade, and I was the distro guy, running papers and envelopes all over the base, up the hill, to the Cav, everywhere.<br /><br />If you could go the como room in the motor pool on the air field ad take a picture of the painting for me, that would be really cool. <br /><br />BTW, I met Tim Mcvey(sp?) at Fort Riley.

SoulWinner

Commander

Hi-ya Nate. She has been real busy with studies for the classes she is taking. I told her you askedabout her, and she said she'd respond as soon as she can.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea I miss her emails too.<br />EDIT: Whoops, I meant you all's emails. :D

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

hey Nate & SBN.....I too have missed you guys! I stay pretty busy with our two businesses and my schooling. I'm taking classes in Web Design and A+ Certification. Plus all the wife and mother stuff. Have I missed anything "good"? And SBN, I hadn't realized you enjoyed my emails... ;)

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

SoulWinner I went by Marshal Field Friday BLDG #402. Sorry to report that your masterpiece has been painted over with the standard army color Jordan Almond some time ago:(

SoulWinner

Commander

Dang it all Booner. I hate to hear that.<br /><br />When I was stationed there I would spend most of our free time driving around in the country looking for old cars. I found and bought a 1939 Chevy two door. Brought it back to Florida and fell on tough times and had to sell it, but I got more than twice what I paid for it. BTW, if you get on I-70 and drive west, there is a town out there that is home to several astronauts. Also, you absolutely MUST go to Abilene to the Eisenhower Library and Museum. When we went there, there was a traveling display from the Smithsonian that had something from every president from Washington to Bush Sr. It was really neat. The swords and things that were presented to Eisenhower from the leaders of countries in the middle east are gold and covered in huge gem stones. Definitely something to see since your in the area.