Attn: Ohio folks

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
If you could live anywhere in ohio, assuming you are not a billionaire, where would that be?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Attn: Ohio folks

Well Pointer, I'm not rich and I live in Ohio. Our govenor is making sure I don't get rich! His time will be up soon.<br /><br />I was raised in the southeast part of the state on the river in a town called Racine. There's not much there as far as industry. I moved to Mansfield about 20 years ago. Just went to visit my brother and have been here every since. About an hour away from the lake, 3 hours to the ohio river, and many lakes from 20 min to 2 hours away.<br /><br />It is about an hours drive to Columbus and Cleveland if you like the big cities. Columbus is booming and building bigtime. I guess you could say I like where I'm at. Seems like there is always something to get into.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Pointer, I've lived my entire life in Central Ohio. It's clean, upscale and progressive. Columbus is cleaning up their slum areas and renovating all over. I just wish the traffic engineers had a little more insight 35 years ago when they developed the interstate system, but still, it's not all that bad. Oh, by the way, our state emblem involves an orange barrel, if you catch my meanin', lol.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I've lived my whole life....well, 'cept for the four years active duty with the AF, in the Ohio River Valley. Friendly towns and people. River is always fun to be on. But you do have to contend with the occasional flood. The scenery is beautiful and there are plenty of lakes close enough to drive to within an hour or so. If you are a flatlander, this isn't the place for you. We got our share of hills. All in all, I wouldn't live anywhere else. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Thanks all,<br /><br />Sounds encouraging, I have lived most of my life in Wisconsin and have always felt the people were giving, friendly and have always felt safe here. I hope to find the same in Ohio. :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Pointer, your welcome anytime. If you have any need for answers, us Ohioians will do the best we can do for you. OBJ brought up a good point about the flatland and hills. If you look at I-71, west of it is pretty much flat, just about everthing east of it gets into the foot hills.<br /><br />There are lots of good people in this state as well as the rest of our country that are good. However there is still those that like to be mean and angry.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

I live in the cincinnati area. I was born and raised here, mostly. I have been to other states off and on, but keep ending up back here. I would prefer to live up north around sandusky. I am torn between the great lakes and the river though. However, the great lakes are just a short 4 hour drive away. The camping along the Ohio river is really nice, and next year we are investing in a sessional camping spot there.

KaGee

Admiral

Pointer, Ive lived in Toledo all my life. The cost of housing here is way below the State average. We are right on Lake Erie, so lots of waterway access and the worlds best Walleye fishing. Only a few hours away from Lake Michigan if you like Salmon fishing.<br /><br />(edit) PS. The Southeast portion of the State was imported from West Virginia. (snick) :D :D :D

gonfishn

Commander

I live a liitle South of Columbus..Small Twn of 75,000 but only fifty miles from the city..<br /><br />Everything turns to country outside the limits..Where a bout ya thinking of putting your roots? I fish all over Ohio for the gator so if ya want to learn the lakes let me know..As soon as we hear ya talk we will know your from Wisconsin.. :D

gonfishn

Commander

psss...Good huntn in Southern Ohio..Pheasant,Grouse and turkey plus some good size antlers can be found..<br /><br />Have friends south of me that I can hook ya up with to hunt if needed..