ASTROS WIN!!!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Finally they have shaked off that demon. First playoff win in 43 years.<br /><br />Maybe they will lose their nickname "Disastros".<br /><br />Ken

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: ASTROS WIN!!!!!

You guys must be talking about the baseball play offs.. correct? EH? We in the Pacific North West know nothing about this :( We are not that good!<br />Our Basketball team will never be in the superbowl! Bummer! But the Fans keep cheering! Why I don't know. We are not that good at playing with balls! Must have something to do with the rain and making balls slippery! ;)

LadyFish

Admiral

The first 5 innings had me a little nervous. I expected it to be a close game all the way.<br /><br />We've waited 43 years for this win, and even though we will be going into the next 7 game series with a tired out bullpen, I'm in hopes that the team's hightened spirit and fierce determination will carry them through.<br /><br />GO STROS!!!!!! :)

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

This could be the best post season ever. The Astros and Cards will be a heck of a series in spite of our beat up pitching staff. The Yankees Redsox series will be a brawl. <br /><br />I need another TV!

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Dems my boys!!. Lived in Houston for 4 years back in the early 90's and adopted them as my home team. GO STROS!!!

ndemge

Commander

We let the dogers win that one game, we might give the astro's one win before we stomp them down as well :) <br /><br />
stl_logo_primary.gif

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

u mean the Yankees west? LOL :p <br />will be rooting for them in NL but cards are<br />the team to beat this year IMHO. have the cards<br />beating the yanks in WS on MY bracket anyways.<br />boston/NY series? oh boy... is this gonna be fun!<br />play ball,<br />M.Y.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

The only team to beat the Cards in a series this season...<br /><br />The Astros.<br /><br />Ken

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

I hear ya Ken... yanks/astros would be awesome<br />series with all the side-stories. MY heart says<br />houston, but head/wallet says st.louis.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Is that what happened? <br /><br />I thought they were pretty happy at the end of the game. :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Astros showed again what they're made of...Don't give up on em yet. The Rocket was awesome and was able to get it to Lidge....<br /><br />What about all the Long Balls in this series......

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"Baseball in Heaven"<br /> <br />Two buddies KK and Ken were two of the biggest<br />baseball fans in America. For their entire adult lives,<br />KK and Ken discussed baseball history in the winter<br />and they pored over every box score during the season.<br />They went to 60 games a year. They even agreed that<br />whoever died first would try to come back and tell the<br />other if there was baseball in heaven.<br /> <br />One fall night, KK passed away in his sleep after<br />watching the 'Stros victory earlier in the evening. He<br />died happy. A few nights later, his buddy Ken awoke to<br />the sound of KK's voice from beyond. "KK is that<br />you?" Ken asked.<br /> <br />"Of course it me," KK replied.<br /> <br />"This is unbelievable!" Ken exclaimed. "So tell me, is<br />there baseball in heaven?"<br /> <br />"Well I have some good news and some bad news for you.<br />Which do you want to hear first?"<br /> <br />"Tell me the good news first."<br /> <br />"Well, the good news is that, yes, there is baseball in<br />heaven, Ken."<br /> <br />"Oh, that is wonderful! So what could possibly be the<br />bad news?"<br /> <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />..<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />"You're pitching tomorrow night."

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

LMAO....Good One Spinner!<br /><br /><br />and the Stros have tied the series....2 - 2 now...What a great game today....I was on pins and needles!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

What about my bersitus in my shoulder??? I cant possibly pitch, sorry, no way.<br /><br />P.S. Beltran is one heck of a hitter. 8 post season home runs.<br /><br />Go Stros!!!!1<br /><br />Ken

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Stros are playing again here in a bit....y'all help us out...We need to get to the WS!...That way KKC and I can have a little fun! :D (You know, he roots for them darn Yankees!) :D :D :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

What a game!!! Jeff Kent cranks one!!! Pitching was great. Defence was awesome.<br /><br />One more win, stros go to the big one!!<br /><br />Ken

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Only need 1 out of 2 to do it. Tonight was a great game. Our local boy pitched like he's been out there for years. We're supposed to take him fishing when the 'stros finish their season, I hope it's for the November flounder run.