assett protection

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys I need some advice. I have a new job and I love it to pieces. and last night we had our preview night for people we know. well my Husband is a nascar fan and finds a Jeff Gordon mug, carries it around with him to the electronicsdepartment . I take off with my daughter to look around the rest of the store letting my daughter meet my new friends. well I go with my friend and my daughter to find my husband. we turn the corner and he is in electronics just closing the mug box after looking at it to see if he wants to buy it or not.To my friend it looked like he was trying to steal something. He was right under the camera. So I heard my friend say to our head A. P. officer and says to him "Her husband was trying to steal something right under the camera". We walk around some more. I find the A.P. officer and tell him my friend thinks my husband tried to steal something. I wanted him to know he wasn't, He thanked us for letting him know. My Question is should I go to him when I see him and Ask if he looked at the video and to tell my friend that my husband did not steal the mug .Or let sleeping dogs lye sence I did already talk to the A.P.. I don't want any body to think bad of me or my husband. today I could not concertrate at work wondering what to do. I did get onto my husband You don't open things in the store we had quite a fight He still thinks there is nothing wrong with opening things in the store to look at them to see if they are broke<br />Thanks <br />Serenity

PW2

Commander
Re: assett protection

I couldn't quite follow the narrative, but at long as you told someone, I would just let it rest, and not worry about it.<br /><br />And your husband needs to be careful, appearances do count, and suspicious behavior can cause unpleasant experiences.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Let it go unless someone brings it up to you. <br /><br />If you try to explain it further it will only look like your hiding guilt or covering for him. If they really believed that he was trying to steal they would have kept up the game. <br /><br />Let it go, in time everyone will see you and him as honest people and forget the whole incident. If you talk about it again it will always be on their minds.

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you pw2 I did tell him not to do that again without getting a sales person to help him.<br />that way it does not look bad and he can check out the product.he said he would. <br />Serenity

Chief101

Chief Petty Officer

Good advice to just let it die, 'cause it won't if you bring it up... ;)

PW2

Commander

While you can "tell" him not to do it again, you can't make him not do it again.<br /><br />If he chooses to do it again for whatever reason, it is not your problem. He has to deal with the consequences.<br /><br />And I'd wait a few days before coming up with the bail money. (LOL)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

If opening somthing in the store to decide if I'm gonna spend my cash on it is a crime I'm guilty.<br /><br />Somtimes I ask somtimes I don't...If the store would prefer I not, Decision made!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I do that all the time also. I will open the box. If it is one that is sealed, or has been opened and retaped, I will take it to the counter and let them know what I would like to do. <br />A coffee cup or something like that, that just has the tabs, no problems for me.<br /><br />Besides,<br />It was a JG mug. Couldn't have been worth more than a plug nickle... :D :D <br /><br />Couldn't resist.<br />I have my boys trained. When they play Nascar Racing, the first thing they do is find JG and put him in the wall. :D :D <br /><br />AK Chappy