Aspeck & KeltonKrew

Link

Rear Admiral
Both the Zucchini "Crab" Cakes and the Smoked Corn were big hits!<br /><br /> First the (Low and Slow) Smoked corn. <br />Put the ears of corn on the top rack of my little chief smoker at noon yesterday and took them out at 6PM. Wrapped them in a paper bag and took to MILs and placed in oven on warm while I prepared to cook Crab cakes.<br /><br />When the first cakes came out they pulled the corn and placed on the table. 20 minutes I got to sit down and my corn was cold! NP I said, I'll just nuke it after I get the husk off (I can see you smile) WTHeck ! As I started peeling it started getting warmer and warmer.. after twenty minutes sitting on the table all I had to do was add butter and salt and Enjoy! We didnt really think it was going to be so moist! Great stuff! <br />Will be added to all outside BBQs in the futher.<br />Was a little weird husking corn at the kitchen table though while eating :D <br /><br />Zucchini "Crab" Cakes<br />Went to a outside market and picked up two fresh small zucchini's and one small yellow squash. Grated both and mixed.<br />Having never done this before we weren't exactly sure what drained well meant so I just wrapped the whole mess up in some paper towels and squeezed! :eek: (Link) makes mental note to do this over bowl or sink next time! Wow what a counter mess! :) <br /><br />Followed your directions to a "T"<br />Except:<br />
Serve and eat as you would crab cakes - with horseradish sauce, cocktail sauce, or tartar sauce. Makes good sandwiches also.
Maybe next time but last night No-one was going to contaminate food from heaven! Had all of the above on the table but no one used any of it!<br /><br />BTW that was the First Time in my Life that I enjoyed eating ANY type of Icky ole squash! <br /><br />Good stuff and fun to cook!<br /><br />For those who missed out on the recipes here are the links.. well worth trying.<br /><br />Low and Slow Smoked Corn<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=006049 <br /><br /><br />Zucchini "Crab" Cakes<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=005977 <br /><br />Thanks for the great meal guys!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: Aspeck & KeltonKrew

glad you like it. I got tons of recipes that are easy and taste great.....glad they were a hit for you!<br /><br />Enjoy

KennyKenCan

Commander

Kelton does have the beat recipes!!<br /><br />And he sure can BBQ!<br /><br />Some of the best food I've ever eaten!

aspeck

Staff member

Glad you enjoyed the Zucchini Crab Cakes!