Art for Charity

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Art for Charity

C'mon, Chappy. <br /><br />The rule against solicitation covers buying, selling and asking for donations.<br /><br />What PMM is doing is commendable, but asking members to donate, buy or sell is against our rules.<br /><br />Please don't generate a confrontation about it. This is iboats' site and iboats sets the rules here. If we moderators make exceptions we aren't doing our job.<br /><br />Thanks for your cooperation. :)

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

OK JB,<br />I have removed the line that would even begin to buy, sell, or ask for donations.<br /><br />I am merely asking if I should bid on it. Not trying to create any conflicts.<br /><br />AK Chappy

one more cast

Captain

And this may be the day<br /> that Chappy AK<br /> goes by way<br /> of CastawayRay......<br /> You think I could sell a book of poetry? :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Naw, I don't see it happening. Her artwork will in no way be competing with Iboats. <br /><br />Hey chappy- I was gonna try to buy that same item. I was willing to give $10.00 myself for it but I see that you want it more than me. I would gladly give more but my charity funds have just about run out. I am RBR.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

:D <br /><br />I like the premise that it is being sold for. Makes it worthwhile for me to bid on.<br /><br />AK Chappy

phatmanmike

Captain

you guys are great, thanks chappy.<br /><br />i never asked anybody to bid on it. i was just being proud of her and her artwork and wanted to show it off to anybody i could!<br /><br />thanks again!<br /><br />and happy holidays to all of you, and yes, even you JB<br /><br />ps. i guess my avatar didnt work :p

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Sure Thing PMM,<br />I was outbid though :( <br /><br /><br />AK Chappy

aspeck

Staff member

Didn't take the time to do the search, but I remember when I first joined iboats, a thread that was soliciting for monies for a motor for a boy scout group in New Zealand, or Australia, I think. Shortly after that there was a thread for donations to a religious organization. If memory serves me correctly, M&R's group was the benefactor there.<br /><br />I don't know if these threads gained any financial support for the organizations involved, but no one seemed offended at the time, they went away on their own, and all lived happily ever after.<br /><br />I understand what JB did was to enforce the letter of the law, but then all PMM did was to promote his daughters artwork and notify all of a worthwhile cause.<br /><br />See both sides of the situation. Who is right? Both, is my guess. JB, you have a tough job, one that I would not want. PMM, you daughter has talent, and a wonderful story! May God bless you all.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Aspeck.<br /><br />The threads soliciting donations that you refer to were deleted and are the cause of the rule against solicitation.<br /><br />The problem mods have with admirable projects like PMM's is that if we allow one "ad", request or offer and block another some members feel discriminated against, and, I believe rightly so.<br /><br />That is not the only decision making dilemma that makes this a tough job, but it is enough by itself. Being criticised or even viciously attacked by some who disagree doesn't make it any easier.

bubbakat

Captain

JB I know you have a soft heart but you can't say if you can do this you can get away eith this.<br />I know your heart and soul crys sometimes but life suxs at times. You are still a good egg in my book.<br />PMM I don't do e-bay but if I did I would be hanging that picture on my wall in the den and proudly doing it.<br />Got to love kids and older folks.<br />Give her a big hug for me.<br />I do a lot of work for org. like this and don't regret not one min. of it.<br /> Merry Christmas to all yall!

f_inscreenname

Commander

Boy, “e-bay” is turning into the new “Bayliner” or “Non controversial oil question”<br /> word on this board. Just add the word and let the fight begin. :D :p