Army Rangers

glass from the past

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone else catch the Army Ranger competition last night on the Outdoor Life Network? I was amazed at the toughness of these Rangers. This was the "Best of the Best" competition (Super Bowl for Army Ranger)and man this was crazy. These guys would run through an obstacle course, take a 30 minute break go on a 25 mile hike, rest, run another obstacle course, hit the target range, rest, get up and start another 25 mile hike, run, swim, shoot, parachute, etc. One guy had torn his ACL on the second day and then went on a 25 mile hike afterwards and was able to finish the competition! I almost feel bad for the bad guys (not) :D You go through rigourous training in any branch of the military, but this was insane. These guys could kick anyones you know what, I would love to see these guys go fist to fist with some of these terrorists that think they're so tough :mad: .

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Army Rangers

UUUUURAHHHHHHHH!<br />They are some tough son of a guns. I've seen that competition before.

bubbakat

Captain

I proudly served with the rangers from march 64 to march 68

glass from the past

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bubba Kat, I salute you sir. To be honest, prior to watching, I thought Marine Corps training was tough and Marines were the baddest boys on the block. After watching that and learning about the history and mental attitude of the Rangers, wow, you guys earned my respect. :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

When I was an instructor at the M2 Bradley school our training facility at the time was down the road from Ranger school. During lunch we would go down and watch the trainees getting smoked relentlessly. It is not for the faint of heart.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I have been doing alot of thinking lately and I am so sick of all the anti-American crap being spewed by the media and others who shall remain un-named. I and my family are in debt to you Bubbakat and each and everyone of you vetrans and I only wish there was some way you all could be re-paid for the blood,sweat and tears you each have given to us during and after your service. I am in awe of those of you who so selfishly gave your all for us back here in the greatest country of all. I pray for the safe return of our new generation of heros who even as I write this risk life and well-being so may continue to live my life as I do.......Thank you.

bubbakat

Captain

By just remaining loyal to the good ole U.S.A.<br />is payment enough.<br />I have been all over the world and let me tell you this country we have right here is the best game in town. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

Kinda partial to the Corps, but Rangers, Delta Force, Navy SEALs, Marine Force Recon, and even Air Force Special Ops are cream of the crop. All of them are guys that you want on your side in a tussle. ;)

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

bubakat i salute you my brother is a ranger and yes thay go through alot to get there vary few that try make it army wouldn't take me for med resons so i sit on my porch and wave the flag at everyone who passes

Carphunter

Commander

The world better be thankful that were the good guys, thats all I can say. <br /><br />All the military personell have my ultimate respect, thats for sure. :)

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

During basic training the Army tried to recruit some of us trainees for Ranger training (via Airborne school first). They did this by killing a live rabbit and eating it in front of us. :eek: They didn't get a single volunteer from my unit. There were a few green faces after that show. <br /><br />I had a buddy who was a dental hygenist in the Army. I was on permanent field duty while this guy stayed in a nice heated building, had great chow every day. He even called his boss, a lt. colonel dentist, by his first name. :eek: I told him that he wasn't in the REAL Army, but he had no idea what I was talking about. "Uh huh, yeah, whatever Joe"...After we got out, he went to college and back in the Army as an officer. This time he went to Airborne school and Ranger school. When I talked to him after his survival training, he told me that the Army that he was in now was MUCH different than the Army WE were in. <br /><br />Uh huh! Yeah Sure, whatever ;)

I dont think anything could be harsher or tougher than what bubbakat went thru, all I know is, if trouble breaks out, Ill be right behind bubbakat!!!!<br /><br /> :D

Link

Rear Admiral

bubbakat<br />Finally someone on this board/forum (Besides JB) that is older than me! :D <br />My hat is off to you Ranger bubbakat!<br />Spent 3 months (with 3 other privates) at 3rd Ranger after jump school waiting for a opening in class. All others had priority over us.<br /><br />"Delta Force, Navy SEALs, Marine Force Recon,Air Force Special Ops, Special ops, CIA field guys, and Special forces, OCS, ROTC and a few others we ofcourse don't know about"<br /><br />At the time we were the only four enlisted people who were given the chance to leave and come back at another time. (it was going to be another 3-5 months for us to get into class) Two of us left, Tim needed to get into prep school for West Point, and I had a new wife and daughter.. so we left Doug and Roy stayed on and spent 20 years with the Rangers.<br />Remember RANGER EYES! :) <br />Vet: 71-85

bubbakat

Captain

Well link JB ain't to far ahead of me in the ancient class. As for the ranger school after about two weeks of getting the boot from the D I<br />I wished a thousand times that I had just rang out but alas stayed with it and done two tours with them in nam. Naw no big war stories just glad to make it home whole for the most part.<br />But I did learn a lot and while doing LRRP in nam I learned to eat raw meat and bugs :D :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Salute Bubba....and a big hug ;) Thanks for your service brother. <br /><br />I got out with a dissabilty/honorable discharge. VA sent me to college for 4 years. The va has been very very good to me.<br /><br />Anyhoo, My cover is off to you sir :)