Army-Navy Game.

D

DJ

Watched the game today. What a total class act, on both sides.<br /><br />No trashtalk, no talking back to ref's or coaches, no end zone showboating.<br /><br />The whole thing was refreshing. Those are bright young adults with a great future. I can assure you that they will be able to read thier diplomas.<br /><br />It made me proud to be an American. The sacrifice, the service. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the cadets and mid shipmen that showed grace today in victory and defeat.<br /><br />Hats off to all of them.<br /><br />All in all, a class act.

tylerin

Commander
Re: Army-Navy Game.

My father played for Army. The only thing that has changed is Navy wins now :mad: You're right though DJ

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I was impressed by the fact that they allow prayer before the game.<br /><br />I had to work in the yard (had a fish fry and bonfire that afternoon/evening at my house) and was unable to watch the game.<br /><br />I'm sure the game was a good one!

D

DJ

The NFL could, but they won't. The fans wouldn't stand for it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This fan would be very pleased to see pro athletes focus on playing the game and just forget all the self promoting demonstrations on the field.<br /><br />If you did well, we know it. If you didn't, you wont convince us otherwise.<br /><br />A return of dignity to the field of play, as demonstrated by Cadets and Middies, would be very welcome.<br /><br />Thanks for bringing it up, DJ. :)

chuckz

Chief Petty Officer

You should have been there! During the National Anthem and prayer, hats were removed, all talking stopped and there was a genuine air of respect for our troops and our country. It was truly inspiring and refreshing.<br /><br />It was a class act before, during and after the game.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Being from Anne Arundel Co, Maryland. Home of The Naval Academy. It make me proud the way they acted and played . True class. Like I am sure most here know that football is a side interest for these folks (Navy this year 11 and 2 (?) not bad for a part time team). The best part is that most if not all that played will never go to the NFL. Not saying there wasn't a couple that did over the years but for most the things they have to do to complete the commitments to there branch of the service they are in usually doesn't make it possible. They play for the love of the game and pride.

D

DJ

JB,<br /><br />You are a class act. I could not/would not want to see you in the stands with a bare chest painted in your team's colors. :D <br /><br />The whole thing just made an impression on me. Maybe I'm being too nostalgic?