Are all cowls the same for 3hp Yachtwin 1950s-1967

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
My motor is missing the lower cowls/cover and I’d like to get the 2 halves to quiet it down and make it look better. I found some from a 1958 lightwin, would they work on a 1964 Yachtwin? Both 3hp btw

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
It’s also missing the air silencer, both these parts are quite expensive, any idea where I could find some cheap ones?

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Probably not. Look at choke and mixture knobs -- see if they are the same.

Parts motors. Got an old boatyard in the vicinity?

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I'll stick my neck out and say the '58 will fit. Maybe some minor things like no fuel connector boss on he '58--no matter if you are not using the remote tank option.

Um----isn't yours a folding motor? No latch in the non-folding cowls.

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'll stick my neck out and say the '58 will fit. Maybe some minor things like no fuel connector boss on he '58--no matter if you are not using the remote tank option.

Um----isn't yours a folding motor? No latch in the non-folding cowls.

Mine is not a folding motor, who told you that lol

F_R

Supreme Mariner
I guess I was thinking of another frequent contributor with a folder. Come to think of it, the folder wasn't even made yet in '64 was it???

LargemouthBass21

Petty Officer 1st Class
I guess I was thinking of another frequent contributor with a folder. Come to think of it, the folder wasn't even made yet in '64 was it???

I am not sure, thanks for trying to help though... I will have to watch eBay and such for a cowl. I’ll also ask some local marinas if they know where I could find a parts motor
edit: I don’t have a remote tank so that wouldn’t be a problem