aquabug info please

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class
picked up an aquabug trolling motor yesterday and am going to need some carb parts. this thing looks like a weedwacker engine with a prop on the bottom. it's actually kinda cute :rolleyes: does anyone know who sold these and if there is an aftremarket parts source? i tried a search of this forum and came up zilch.

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: aquabug info please

Skeetz:<br />The Aquabug was made by Tanaka. Although they no longer make outboards, there's some good information on their website. Have a look around there. They also offer parts.<br />Failing that, Twin City may be able to help.<br />Since Tanaka makes all sorts of other gas powered equiptment, I'd bet real money that you'll find your carb parts are common to some of their other lawn and garden products, so a mower shop may be able to help too.

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

checked out the website and found a dealer 20 min away.they are checking on parts.i'll keep crossed fingers.<br />many thanks<br />skeez

skeezx01

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i didn't need parts after all. made a few of my own and repaired some that were screwed up.did download an owners manual and parts book from tanaka though.cant wait to put this thing on a boat. :) thanks as always<br /><br />skeez

wv fisherman

Recruit

skeezx01 I too have an aquabug, that we dug out of the shed, the flywheel exploded about 15 years ago, and it was forgotten about. I contacted tanaka power, and you can still find every part for this thing. Anyway, I ordered a few parts, tinkered and it fired right up. SUGGESTIONS!! Make sure the points are PERFECT, I think .25mm, and the plug has to be perfect as well picky little buggers, but worth it,read the manual, it helped me good luck

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, tanaka makes some good engines, though I've never used an outboard, I still have a 1984 weed trimmer. Still, it is a tanaka at heart.