Aqua Lube

Wet Dog2

Recruit
Has anyone heard of these or maybe even have these on your trailer? I was told my trailer had bearing buddys but when I picked it up, this is what I found. I can find a place to check or refill with grease and when I pull back the cap grease squirts out. Anyone know how I maintain or check the levels on these?

the machinist

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Aqua Lube

If you indeed have Bearing Buddies, & maybe the BB Bra (a black plastic cap) that has been OVER GREASED, it will act that way.<br /><br /> In using the Bearing Buddy, you pump just enough grease in the fitting to move the spring loaded cup that the fitting is screwed into. This cup will move outward maybe a total of only 1/4". In use you want to only pump enough in to push this cup out slightly. You should be able to push in on the cup & it should move or rock. If it has too little or too much grease it will be solid.<br /><br /> This method uses the outer spring to keep pressure on the grease. If it is pumped to full it will sqweeze out around the inner cup & blow excess grease out the rear seal. <br /><br /> It needs internal pressure on the grease so that when you back the warm wheels into the cold water that the vacum created internally pulls the cup & grease in & not water.<br /><br /> The bra, or plastic cap only keeps the thing clean.