Aq225d cooling issue

elimontfort

Recruit
Hello all,

I have a weird cooling issue. i have a AQ22D with a 280 outdrive and the port side exhaust riser is not getting alot of water also the port side exhaust bellows do not have any water comming out either. It is acting like the thermostat is stuck but the starboard side is perfectly fine. the engine starts to run hot after awhile and im running it in a horse trough with the outdrive completely submerged. Any pointers would help and thanks in advance for any help.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Aq225d cooling issue

Hello all,

I have a weird cooling issue. i have a AQ22D with a 280 outdrive and the port side exhaust riser is not getting alot of water also the port side exhaust bellows do not have any water comming out either. It is acting like the thermostat is stuck but the starboard side is perfectly fine. the engine starts to run hot after awhile and im running it in a horse trough with the outdrive completely submerged. Any pointers would help and thanks in advance for any help.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Change out the raw water impeller,...

That's Always the place to start in any overheat situation,...

If that don't fix it,... Pull that riser, 'n see if it's plugged up,...

elimontfort

Recruit

Thanks for the response. i changed the impeller yesterday due to having no water flow and its pulling water fine. Ill pull the riser off tom and check it.

elimontfort

Recruit

Pulled the manifold off clogged completely and put a hole through it trying to clear it out.