AQ131/230 sparkplugs

Greebo

Seaman Apprentice
My motor has electronic ignition fitted.
The service manual says the correct spark plugs are Bosch W6DC (with points).
These appear to be superceded.
I was able to buy 3 x W6DC and one WR6DC plug.
Can they be mixed? and are they suitable?
If not suitable, what plug and gap should I use?
Thanking in advance for your help.
Travel safe
Peter

captmello

Captain
Re: AQ131/230 sparkplugs

I have never installed mismatched plugs in an engine and wouldn't in this case either... unless you can find out for sure that they are the same. Plug gap on for the aq131 is 0.7 mm (0.0276")

I noticed that the single plug you bought is recommended for the aq171 which came with a different distributer/ignition system...

Greebo

Seaman Apprentice
AQ131/230 sparkplugs

I have never installed mismatched plugs in an engine and wouldn't in this case either... unless you can find out for sure that they are the same. Plug gap on for the aq131 is 0.7 mm (0.0276")

I noticed that the single plug you bought is recommended for the aq171 which came with a different distributer/ignition system...

I thought I had replied to this, but my reply has been lost.
I only purchased the plugs as they were on the 'clear out' table at $0.29 each. Unless I can get a fourth one to match I won't use them.
I understand the "R" indicates some sort of resistor in the plug - why this would be necessary in a HT circuit is beyond my understanding.
I have an electronic ignition system fitted instead of points. What plug should I be using then?
The reason I ask is the boat is going to a car Volvo mechanic to tune it, I want to supply as much information to him as I can before he starts the job.
Travel safe.