AQ125A Vibration

Elecwhit

Cadet
Hello there,<br /> I have a 1983 Bayliner Capri with an AQ125A Volvo and I have a vibration between 1500-2500 RPM. I am suspecting the prop might not be balanced or bent. Visually, I dont see anything, but am thinking of taking prop off and taking it in for an inspection by prop shop. Any suggestions????

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: AQ125A Vibration

Yea - post the question in the right forum!<br /><br />Haven't got to say that before - feels good - now I know why others say it.

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

the prop is a good place to start. check side play in your leg while you are in that area.

Elecwhit

Cadet

Ben, When grabbing the prop, I have side play in the prop, meaning, I can grab the prop blades and move prop from side to side, is this proper? What do you mean by Leg Play? Thanks for your help.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Can you feel this vibration while in neutral and running the engine at that speed? Is it worse when turning?<br />Could be the ujoints or bearings in the engine bellhousing. Known as intermediate bearings.<br />Also check the prop shaft when you have the prop off, could be bent just a little.

Elecwhit

Cadet

Don, Thank you for the reply. In Neutral I have no vibration at all, its when I put it in gear an add power that I get the vibration. I think I will start by pulling prop off and taking it to a prop shop for investigation. What say you

jesse321

Recruit

cadet , my son bought a 85 bayliner capri with the volvo aq125a. I am curous. his boat doesnt have any motor mounting system other than connected to the outdrive. is this true?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

jesse 321, it's best to start a new thread when you have a question, not just tack on to someone elses question....... get confusing.<br /><br />To answer your question, yes, it supported at the rear only.<br />It's actually connected and supported by the transom shield and engine bellhousing, not the outdrive.