Appears that al Qaeda war on terror now centralized in Iraq

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Appears that al Qaeda war on terror now centralized in Iraq

I wonder how the folks in Bali feel about that.

KaGee

Admiral

Other than to the GWB haters, was there ever any doubt?<br /><br />One of my client's sons sent him an email... the kid was just transferred to the Iraq/Syria border. Couldn't say specifically where. He was scared to death because they can see just over the border that they are outnumbered 5 to 1. <br /><br />It's evident, to even our enemies, that what happens in Iraq is crutial to the outcome of thier designs.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I wonder how the folks in Bali feel about that.
I edited the title to refelct that.<br /><br />The terrorists in Indonesia, Phillipines, and Thailand are not part of al Queda they only have ties to them.<br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Other than to the GWB haters, was there ever any doubt?
Yea, but the Bush haters will then talk about how peaceful Iraq was before that evil Bush brought war to that country. And we should all feel very guilty about the whole thing. And the war on terror is all our fault. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Ken

PW2

Commander

I thought the insurgency in Iraq was in "Its' last throes".<br /><br />This cannot be a surprise to anyone that the vacuum created by our actions would be filled with something.<br /><br />When you try to take out a hornet's nest with a baseball bat, it's hardly a surprise you end up with a damaged nest, and a whole bunch of angry hornets. <br /><br />Not to say the hornets were not a problem before, of course, but as a Bush "critic" (as opposed to a hater) I have to question whether we embarked on the most effective strategy.<br /><br />Time will tell, of course, but does anyone think continuing on the same policy is the right one?<br /><br />What is the endgame in this, and what will a victory look like?<br /><br />Is an Islamic State for Iraq really what we were fighting for? <br /><br />And will it achieve our goal of a stable, democratic Iraq? Or do we have a new, different goal?

KaGee

Admiral

Unfortunetly PW2, there are those among us who's only goal is to do anything necessary, including defeat in Iraq, to bring down the current administration in hopes of regaining their foothold on power. <br /><br />Criticize the policy all you want, but I don't think any of us here on this board are of the right pay grade to be able to determine what the proper policy should be.<br /><br />I do know this... If Spinner were President... all this would be over with in a hurry! :D <br /><br />
Spinner3.jpg