Anything for $$$$$

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant
How embarassing.....to do that to a beautiful aircraft. :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes: <br /><br />
jellybelly.bmp

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Anything for $$$$$

Just wait, next Priests, and Ministers will be wearing Chase Bank and Ford Motors patches on their garb.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

AUGH!<br /><br />Like a 300SLR with a Wal Mart ad on it. :mad:

D

DJ

I agree, it is pathetic. However, it's nothing new. War birds were frequently "dressed up" during the glory days of air racing.<br /><br /><br />
Just wait, next Priests, and Ministers will be wearing Chase Bank and Ford Motors patches on their garb.<br />
I don't think companies would stoop to that. Large corporations are VERY SENSITIVE to that sort of thing.<br /><br />
Like a 300SLR with a Wal Mart ad on it.
The day we see a German auto with an American Icon ad on it-WWII was for NAUGHT. :( In the eyes of many, it already was.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Dave, I would rather see the plane like that, rather than it be in disrepair due to lack of funds.<br /><br />Gotta pay the bills.<br /><br />Ken

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now you've got me thinkin som jelly belly's would taste good, on my way to Wal-mart to buy some.

D

DJ

Ken,<br /><br />The beauty of the America is that "individuals" (self made) can do so-for now.<br /><br />Trouble is that most "recent" self made prosporous individuals see no value in it. Even if they did they would be labeled as "rich capatalist pigs" by the media. Which the general public eats up like a "hound dog in a garbage truck".

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Got to pay for it some how. Would love to find some one to sponsor my hobbies. Still it would look better in war paint.

D

DJ

I wouldn't walk across the street to see a war bird "desicrated" like that.<br /><br />Let's put "happy faces" on the crosses in Arlington Cemetary.<br /><br />Wait, let's not give some moron that idea. :(

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Watch it, DJ - don't go planting ideas in greedy minds. :eek:

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> I wouldn't walk across the street to see a war bird "desicrated" like that.<br /><br />Let's put "happy faces" on the crosses in Arlington Cemetary.<br /><br />Wait, let's not give some moron that idea. :(
I agree wholeheartedly ; but in defense of the owner , with whom I do NOT necessarily agree , this is a Reno Air Racer and as such , is subject to corporate sponsorship as are the likes of many other participants. But to my way of thinking, no matter WHAT they put on it's just plain WRONG . BUT...now why is that all this time we thought nothing of the various examples of warbird air racers adorned with "Dago Red" or "Rare Bear" ? It must be the whole "JELLY BELLY" thing . <br /><br />Dave

PW2

Commander

You guys are sure noble when it comes to other people financing their hobbies.<br /><br />A little paint does not alter the fundamental beauty of that aircraft--which costs a ton of money to maintain and fly. I don't know the economics of participating in the Reno Air Races, but I suspect it costs more to participate than a person could reasonably expect to win in prize money.<br /><br />All of you purists should raise a collection--I bet if you raise enough money, the owner of that plane would paint it any way you want.

one more cast

Captain

I don't see the problem. People should be able to paint their things anyway they want. I know I do and are you people saying I should maybe take the iboats sticker off the back of my boat and truck?