anyone with a 68 100hp evinrude

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice
please...please...please<br />i am so close to getting this thing torun<br />i just have a few wiring items to finish <br />and am not getting any responce to my posted<br />questions.<br />if you could take a look at yours and see what the voltage regulator is wired in that and <br />the choke switch .even snap a didgital picture and send it i realy want to try and start this <br />in the next few days i have the manual and <br />wiring schmatic but sence it was wired incorrectly then it melted i am so close <br /><br />please help

alden135

Lieutenant Commander
Re: anyone with a 68 100hp evinrude

trkmec, Sorry no one has answered your post to help you. I bumped it earlier in hopes it would be caught at the top. I'm no "expert" but I'll try to help. I have a 69 85hp evinrude. <br />You said you wired it in accordance with your manual. Are you absolutly sure it is the year/hp you think it is? If you can give me the model # I could check for you. That way we can be sure you have the right book before doing anything else.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Just what information do you need to get you going? When you say voltage regulator, do you mean rectifier?

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for checking his post R. I'll be stepping back now and let you help him.

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

R.Johnson<br />part of my issue may be proper identification<br />of the parts(if you wish i could snap a few <br />pics. and e-mail them to you)like i said i <br />am wanting to get this running to see how she <br />runs.i bought a replacement harness as you know<br />that is the enging side not the components<br />it that plug in to it from the drawings in the <br />parts book and schematics i have hooked up<br />the vacume switch ,temp switch,rectifier every-thing under the fly wheel is hooked up including <br />the safety switch the starter is hooked up the <br />solinoid is done the electric shift is done<br /><br />what i need to figure out is the choke wiring,<br />i have an item with a 30 amp fuse a<br />and one other wire,1 wire from the pover pack,<br /><br />again its really not that hard i just dont know <br />how to tie these items together if you can take<br />a glance at the photos i will gladly send them<br />if not i will go out and try to describ a little <br />better what it is i need to get hooked up<br /><br />thank you so much

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral

Power pak, black to - side of coil<br /> red to plug in on voltage suppresser.<br /> red from suppresser to + side of coil.<br /> green, to + side of coil.<br /> two blue wires to blue wires on dist.<br /><br />Choke solenoid, red-white wire to red-white wire in harness plug. Other red-white wire from solinoid to thermo switch. Red wire from thermo switch to red wire to harness plug.<br /><br />There is a 20 amp fuse holder between the batt. side of the key switch, and the Gen. side of the amp meter<br />There is a yel.-blk lead from the rectifier to the voltage regulator, the 30 amp fuse holder goes between those.<br />As I recall, the thermo switch kicks the choke solinoid to full off after engine warm up. It's been a long time since I have even seen one of these engines. I hope this helps.

trkmec

Seaman Apprentice

i am getting so close i just found out i am <br />missing the voltage suppressor i wonder <br />how hard it will be to locate one?...any ideas<br /><br /><br />i will repost as i get stuck<br /><br />thank you for your help