Anyone using Crestor?

Homerr

Commander
Ok, my cholesterol is out of whack.. (who's isn't?) :eek: <br /><br />Anyhow... The Dr. wants to put me on Crestor.<br /><br />Anyone on this stuff? <br />I guess I should stay off the internet looking this stuff up, cause depending on what report you read, some say Crestor cures the disease by killing the patient.<br /><br />Any success stories? Bad stories?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />H.

backdraft

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone using Crestor?

Homer, you would be surprised as to what raises your 'C' and also lowers it. I went on the Atkins diet 3 years ago and my C went from 350 to 165. You also loose weight. Don't try the introduction part of it. Go to the maintenance part of it. Stay off the statin drugs . They will kill you and keep the drug companies in business. Most doctors are totally uninformed on the subject and no money is made by you eating sensibly. nevjb

backdraft

Petty Officer 1st Class

Homer , that should be lose not loose. That's what your clothes will be on this diet.nevjb

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Not all Docs know what they are doing. If you don't trust your Doc, change Docs.<br /><br />Old joke: What do they call the guy who finishes at the bottom of his class at Med. School? They call him Doctor.<br /><br />I had a Doc who had me, simultaneously, on Cardizem for my cholesterol and Hytrin for my prostate cancer. Damn near killed me. The combination triggered arrythmia (my heart would STOP!) The prostate is gone and so is the Doc (may he rest in peace).<br /><br />My current Doc (Bless her heart! I may adopt her.) wont prescribe anti-C drugs for me. She has me avoid carbs and eat plenty of fish (NO musky)and nuts, as well as anything else I want to eat. My C is down to 160 from 250.<br /><br />Don't know squat about Crestor, but know that Docs vary tremendously in their skill and knowledge.<br /><br />Get a second opinion if you have ANY doubts.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

garlic and onions will naturally lower it and<br />taste good too :)

gaugeguy

Captain

garlic and onions will naturally lower it and<br />taste good too
Especially with venison and bacon grease ;) <br /><br />I wonder why I have butter flowing through my arteries :confused:

I was put on a different statin, Zocor, and now I have renal complications and damage. My kidneys are apparently riddled with holes, and I have to go to a nephrologist ... in the middle of MAY<br /><br />Dialysis may be needed, if so, then a transplant<br /><br />Enjoy your life, give thanks for health, you never know when someting is going to come along and devastate you<br /><br />there are non statin drugs out there that can do the job, but try exercise and high fiber

clanton

Rear Admiral

It will do your liver in. Blood test before taking for base line. When first started on the other brand, Dr wanted blood test in six months. If you have liver problems, take the pills for 6 months, it may be too late for blood test. I had reaction to first set of pills, off of them for 2 months, now on Crestor. I need an appointment with JBs Doctor.

Homerr

Commander

That's just it JB...I don't really trust any Dr.<br /><br />My Dad has had Cholesterol problems for a long time, as did his side of the family.<br /><br />I was doomed at birth it would seem! :eek: <br /><br />My Dad was on Lipitor for a long time, and his Dr. recently put him on Crestor. It seems to be helping him a lot.<br /><br />I'm going to take it to get my numbers down and then get off of them. I believe diet will keep me in check, however I wasn't that 'bad' of an eater in the first place. I thought I ate fairly healthy. :confused: <br /><br />H.

Cholesterol isnt a dietary component as much as it is a function of the body, vegans that eat NO cholesterol have had high cholesterol<br /><br />That being said, bacon and eggs every day is not advised, lol

Homerr

Commander

Well,<br /><br />In any event, it sure makes a person LOOK at the food labels now! <br /><br />Anyone have a basic low-fat diet they go by?<br />I love fruit and veggies, and that's about all I've been eating for breakfast and snacks.<br /><br />H.