Anyone tried this oil?

sharps45

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got a new to me but quite old 93 sea doo this week and am wondering what oil to run in it. It uses premix, and I was wondering if anyone has tried the Cabelas outboard signature 2 cycle semi synthetic oil. It says it Exceeds tough TC-W3 requirements. Will this be okay? I've used quicksilver in the past for all my 2 stroke stuff, but it's hard to find in my area.
thanks

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Anyone tried this oil?

Any TCW3 should work OK in a premix situation. If you change to injection, then you should use SD's recommended oil.

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Anyone tried this oil?

i suggest you re-educate yuorself about what type of oil, IS campatable with the seadoo motors. Not only is the TC-W3 / NMMA no good, it can not hold up to the abuse a ROTAX motor puts out. You need a LOW-ASH API-TC oil.

Shoot'n from the hip, gets you know-where except mis-informed and potentially a destructive conclusion. No the fact before posting.

Rotax’s Position on What Oil to use

As we all know, Bombardier requires that an API-TC oil be used in their engines. Most other PWC manufacturers allow the use of TCW3 in their engines. So, what’s the difference? A PWC is a PWC, right? No, it’s not! Rotax marine engines evolved from their very successful snowmobile and motorcycle racing designs. These engines produce more power/cc than any other PWC manufacturer’s engine. Rotax designs these engines to work harder and run hotter than other brands. They simply need more protection than TCW3 oils can give. Those that use TCW3 oils are risking high temp. Seizure if the engine cooling system plugs or and internal fuel filter plugs (lean condition). These things may not happen very often, but when they do, it’s better to have a little extra protection that only a TI-TC oil can give.

Last edited: