Anyone see SNL last night??

f_inscreenname

Commander
Live TV is not very friendly to lip synking bands. If you didn't see it Ashley Simpson’s second set started with her band playing one song, another song with Ashley singing playing thru the speakers and Ashley just standing there doing nothing. 10 Seconds of that and blip to a commercial. Over the years I have seen bands on SNL and have went out and bought there CD’s. Like when I saw Don Henley do Boys of summer live. I had it the next day. I hope this will show some folks how fake and manufactured some these new stars are.

crab bait

Captain
Re: Anyone see SNL last night??

it was neet..!! BUSTED..!! <br /><br />that show is soooo not funny anymore.. but had a good laugh at that..<br /><br />mad tv was great...

SoulWinner

Commander

Fridays was better. And The Edge was great! I loved "The Armed Family"!

KaGee

Admiral

A lot of them do it... she just got caught.<br /><br />SNL...<br />Synched....<br />Not....<br />Live!!!!<br />& <br />Soooooo....<br />Not...<br />Laughing!!<br /><br />The show has run out it's course sooooo long ago. Put a fork in it.... it's done!

KennyKenCan

Commander

SNL is far from being live!<br /><br />The taping of the show begins at 7PM on Saturday, and is ready for airplay at Midnight.<br /><br />But...<br /><br />Thats the way it has always been, right from the start, way back in '75!<br /><br />When I saw the show, back in '77 or '78, the show started at 7PM, and we left the studio around 9:30PM, and made it home in time to watch it at midnight.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Yeah, that was great - she was soooo busted! Then did you notice what she said afterwards during the closing segment? "My band started playing the wrong song." Yeah, right!<br /><br />Hey KKC, if that was taped then you gotta respect 'em for airing it like that!<br /><br />But usually the performances have that raw edge that let's you know it's live.<br /><br />I liked the part where Tony Blair says "It's great they way you Americans still support Bush even after he admitted there were no WMD!"

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Some of the show is taped and some is live. They need filler while changing sets, etc. It's usually easy to tell which are live and which are taped. <br /><br />Band appearances are obviously live. :D

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Can you say Milli Vanllli that was bad she looked like a idiot for what she said afterwards....

aspeck

Staff member

CBS this morning was funny - Rene' began lip sync for Dave - he got messed up and stormed off. It was a hoot!

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by BLU LUNCH:<br /> Can you say Milli Vanllli that was bad she looked like a idiot for what she said afterwards....
And to top it off Milli Vanilli used SOMEONE ELSES voice track. Who knows if they could even sing at all.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Believe it or not, Milli Vanilli actually could sing, but they were not as good as the substitute. It was easier to get someone else to do it rather than work at improving themselves. The SNL thing was pretty bad, but a lot of the singers lip sink on that show, even if they never do it anywhere else. Its just easier for that format. Its pretty easy to tell, the vocals sound just like on the record. Usually when a singer is singing live, they always sing the song a bit differently than when it was recorded. I almost felt bad for Simpson for a millisecond, then realized I didn't care much for her or that type of music. Oh well, embarrassment is good for her, it builds character. The bad thing is now she is running around making excuses and blaming her band and all that. She needs to just suck it up and drive on, it will be forgotten in another week....