Anyone know of an Attwood boat ?

Jim Robbins

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, I'm going to look at a 16' Attwood boat in a few days
(thats what I was told?) is there such a boat? Where can I find out more info.? Also he said it's an 1985 and made of aluminum? There is a Johnson motor on the back but he does not know the h.p. or year, I can find that out by the model number. So I'm not counting on too much of what is said till I see it. He may have read the Attwood name off a cleat or light, lol? Any info. or advice would be Great!
I will check out the motor too....? thank-you

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Anyone know of an Attwood boat ?

There have been a million different companies make jon boats over the years, never heard of them but Attwood may have gotten into it for awhile.

If the hull looks solid and well built it really doesn't matter who made it and it has a Johnson on it so I wouldn't have a problem getting it if the hull looked good, but ya, he probably saw "Atwood" on something in the baot and that is the only name he could find so that is what the boat is.

Maybe a good indication that he knows little or nothing about boats and you may be able to use that to your advantage if you wanted too.

I would worry more about the motor than the hull, not much to go wrong with a hull but lots to look at with the motor, loosen(don't remove) the bottom screw on the lower and see if you get water or oil and of coarse a compression check then hear it run.