Anyone have some good used kids snow skis (90cm)?

Homerr

Commander
I'm looking for some good used 90cm snow skis for my son's first ski season. And if possible, some size 12 boots (mondo 18.5)<br /><br />Ebay doesn't have much to offer in my price range, so I thought I'd ask here.<br /><br />I find it ridiculous to pay so much for new equipment when my son will probably outgrow them next season.<br /><br />I thought of renting, but what a pain that is. I hated rented before I bought my own equipment.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />H.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Anyone have some good used kids snow skis (90cm)?

Have you been looking in the paper at the classifieds yet? <br /><br />I remember picking up barely used sets of skis and boots when I was a kid through the classifieds and trade-ins from pro shops too.<br /><br />oh man .. its been a while since I've strapped on the Olins .. scary!

Homerr

Commander

Ever since I've been on the interent (and EBay :eek: )... I just don't look at the local paper.<br /><br />This town (and state) just seems to have a choke-hold on just about everything. <br />I like the competition and variety of the internet.<br /><br />I should have hit the yard sales, but I didn't have the time this year.<br /><br />H.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Check with local ski clubs. Many have a used ski sale this time of year, to both raise money and attract new members.<br /><br />There are some real bargains for the buyers.<br />Like $250 ski/boot/binding packages, for $65.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey Homerr.<br /><br />Identify families that have a boy a year or two ahead of your son in school. They have just outgrown a set.<br /><br />Next year, pass them on to a boy a year or two behind.<br /><br />Never did the ski thing, but it worked very well for ball shoes, football pads, etc. when I was in school.

Homerr

Commander

Good idea JB... Never thought of that!<br /><br />H.

radar750

Seaman

Homerr, Look for ski and skate swaps, they are usually at a school or community center or a church. Just about every town that is near skiing has one around this time of year. Too bad you missed yard sales cause they are good to.