Anyone Have Comments on TrailStar Trailers?

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer
I just bought the boat last August and the winch/bow stop mount on the trailer was welded on crooked. Every time I loaded the boat, it would veer over to one side. I had to push the boat over as I winched it on. After opening a claim with the dealer, I was able to get a new one a couple of weeks ago but, this one also seems to be welded a slight angle, as well...but, not as bad as the other one.

As I drove off the dealers lot, I noticed in my side view mirror that one of the tires was wobbling. I immediately took it back to the dealer and they swapped out the tire from my other trailer which solved the problem. Seems the wheel was bent. Now, I noticed as the fenders curves over the tires aren't straight, pinstriping is not consistent and burnt out light bulb. I'm debating whether I should take this one back, too.

It seems that TrailStar has a poor quality control department and I wanted to hear from other peoples experience.

In my opinion, a trailer is just as important as the boat. It has to get you to the lake safely, to get the boat into the water.

Thank you.

hootsq7i

Recruit
Re: Anyone Have Comments on TrailStar Trailers?

i will never buy a nother tracker product again I have a 2006 tahoe q7i beautiful boat but its falling apart

no quaility controll at all their products are JUNK!!!!!!

Stratosman86

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I love my Tracker and it has been an excellent boat, but keep an eye on your trailer fenders. Made a long haul to Canada with mine and one of the fenders fell off the boat and my buddy ran over it at 60 mile an hour. Luckily nothing was hurt other than some paint scratches on his front bumper. Thank God no one else was in the other lane and that it happened in the dark because he saw the sparks when it hit the ground and was able to straddle it. Now part of this was my fault, for not doing a more thorough inspection of the trailer before leaving Canada, as it was obvious the welds were rusty and they finally just let go.

Darren

kickbass

Recruit

I have a 1754 Grizzly Bass Tracker boat I bought in 2008. So far the baring had to be replaced and the hitch down strap on front broke. Boat is doing fine however. No complaints. Trailer sucks!!

Vanover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My Trailstar is holding up great, I have had it about 5-6 months. Used in brackish water. I have launched about 25-28 times. I inspect and wash after every recovery. I wish the 1754 was as good as the trailer.

ahscards

Recruit

I just bought a 95 sun tracker bass buggy with a trailstar trailer. Haven't had it in the water yet, but pulled it 300 miles home with no problems. But, I cannot find a spare rim, all I can find has a 5 on 4.5 hole pattern, I need a 5 on 5.5" hole pattern. 20.5x8x10 tires. Anybody else have this problem? Where can I find the correct rim?
Thanks guys

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Start your own thread. This one is almost four years old! Actually seven years old.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don't own this brand of trailer or done a search for info on them but if this is all the info that is on Iboats I don't have a problem with it being resurrected to comment on the build quality. I do agree asking for info on a spare rim should have been a new thread.