Anyone have access to Carfax or other VIN checking service?

Homerr

Commander
A friend is looking at buying a Ford Ranger, and he'd like to know if there is any problems with it.<br /><br />It would appear that you have to pay for these reports. All I can find is that it has 11 records on it, but nothing else (hence they want $$ to give you the report) :( <br /><br />Does anyone have access to Carfax or other VIN checking service? <br /><br />The VIN # is: 1ftzr15v8xpb10755<br /><br />E-mail me if you can get a full report:<br /><br />Homerr999@msn.com<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />H.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Anyone have access to Carfax or other VIN checking service?

Tell your friend to pay the $$$ for CarFax.<br /><br />I have used CarFax for my 2000 Chevy Silverado, and my daughter's '99 Chevy Cavalier. It costs about $14.95 for the full length detailed report, but you get EVERYTHING on the vehicle! It is really worth it, IMHO.<br /><br />Butch

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Try having your insurance agent run it.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have used "CarFax" a number of times. It used to be $14.95 for one "vin" check. the last time I used it a few months ago, it was up to $19.95 for a single vin check.<br /><br />You can get a full month of unlimited checks for $29.95, so that is what I did, again. I'm not buying anything right now, but I am selling a couple of my vehicles and I thought they might sell eaiser if I had a "fresh" Carfax report lto show the potential buyer's.<br /><br />A year and a half ago, I bought a fantastic, year old van conversion on e-bay. The best part of the purchase, was the mistake the dealer made on the reserve price, for which I bought the van for. It is still worth more than $10,000 over what I paid for it, a year and a half later! :D <br /><br />That was my first experience with carfax and was well worth the expense.<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...<br /><br /> "Still Drivin' In Style"

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

Homer,<br />I ran that car for you and fowarded it to your email.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I used Carfax, for about $20 I think, before buying my 96 Lumina. <br /><br />The report came out clean, but turns out it had been wrecked and Carfax didn't know about it. A few months after I got it home, I was replacing the stereo, removed the back seat and the floor was covered with broken window glass. I also had trouble closing the rear door and had to adjust it, no big deal. Then, when I had it in for service, my mechanic pointed out to me the crooked motor mounts, all this stuff I missed when I bought it.<br /><br />The Carfax report even says that all accidents might not be listed, or something to that effect. But the history was a clue to why mine might not have been reported. It was a fleet car in it's first life, and could have been wrecked and repaired with no record made of it if the fleet owner just repaired and sold it.<br /><br />Anyway, it's been a great car and I love it, and I did get a good deal on it. Just don't rely totally on the Carfax report.<br /><br />Good luck!

Homerr

Commander

Thank you BlueWater!!!<br /><br />I'll be sure to return the favor someday!<br /><br />H.