Anyone have a wire diagram for seaflo/no float bilge pump to seaflo 3 way rocker switch

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I'm having issues finding an intelligent diagram/vid to wire up these 2 components.
bilge pump; 1100 auto Seaflo
Switch; 3 way rocker SFSP-015-02, Seaflo
Thanks Guys,
KC

sam am I

Commander
www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/3232.html

www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/642.html

I took a few liberty's with their info/pics, not sure how *intelligent, but..........See first drawing below.

*Personally.......I think it's always much safer to wire the auto wire(brn/wht) directly(through a breaker/fuse) to the batt positive and only switch the constant on (brn) with a SPST on/off switch to batt positive.....To do this and keep/use the hardware you've already bought, see second drawing below with "jump" wiring.......It'll always be in "auto", much safer IMHO.

With first drawing and as this/some manu's suggest, just don't think it's too safe to be able to accidentally leave the auto function in a "off" position as per the manu suggested wiring of their float pumps seen in the above link with their switch..........To me? That's like giving users a easy access on/off toggle switch on a co/smoke alarm, not good!! That auto feature is too critical and should NOT be able to easily be shut and/or left "off".

Attachments

• Auto Seaflo w SFSP-015-02.JPG
    Auto Seaflo w SFSP-015-02.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Auto Seaflo w SFSP-015-02_a.JPG
    Auto Seaflo w SFSP-015-02_a.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Much better way is to wire the float switch directly to the battery source with a fuse and then to the pump

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/3232.html

www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/642.html

I took a few liberty's with their info/pics, not sure how *intelligent, but..........See first drawing below.

*Personally.......I think it's always much safer to wire the auto wire(brn/wht) directly(through a breaker/fuse) to the batt positive and only switch the constant on (brn) with a SPST on/off switch to batt positive.....To do this and keep/use the hardware you've already bought, see second drawing below with "jump" wiring.......It'll always be in "auto", much safer IMHO.

With first drawing and as this/some manu's suggest, just don't think it's too safe to be able to accidentally leave the auto function in a "off" position as per the manu suggested wiring of their float pumps seen in the above link with their switch..........To me? That's like giving users a easy access on/off toggle switch on a co/smoke alarm, not good!! That auto feature is too critical and should NOT be able to easily be shut and/or left "off".

Guys,
Thank you for getting back to me. That diagram #2 and comments maks sense to me. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks again
Kevin