Anyone have a Little Giant Ladder?

Ralph 123

Captain
Anyone have a Little Giant Ladder? I am thinking of buying one and want to know if they are as good as they say and worth the money.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Anyone have a Little Giant Ladder?

They look good - but they are a little expensive, if I remember right. A buddy of mine has one. He likes it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ralph, I am right at 300#'s and I feel good on one, that is when the wife will let me on it. :( <br /><br />I feel, they are worth the money.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

How 'bout a picture, Ralph?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> How 'bout a picture, Ralph?
buy3big.gif
<br /><br />I have the model 26 Ralph.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Ralph, from what i've seen on their infomercials, it appears to be a very well constructed and versatile ladder, i would'nt mind having one for around the house use.

Ralph 123

Captain

OK I pulled the trigger. I got the 22' with all the goodies - work platform, leg leveler and the wall standoff "wingspan" all for $389 on Amazon. I guess I'm going to paint the house myself :rolleyes:

SpinnerBait_Nut

You will like it Ralph, rated at 300#'s but has been tested to over 1000#'s on the rungs and in all positions.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

SBN, does that thang fold into four sections? I've had one out in my shed for 15 years. Haven't used it for about that long but it is very well built.<br /><br />EDIT: Oh, I see the pics. It looks like it telescopes and folds. Kinda cool.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> SBN, does that thang fold into four sections? I've had one out in my shed for 15 years. Haven't used it for about that long but it is very well built.<br /><br />EDIT: Oh, I see the pics. It looks like it telescopes and folds. Kinda cool.
Boomyal, go here to look at it in action.<br />It folds all kinds of ways.<br /> https://www.ladders.com/vcc/littlegiantladders/littlegiantladder/125756/ <br />They are offering free shipping right now. Hope Ralph got that.

JB

I bought a small one at an auction about 10 years ago. I think I paid about $15 for it. I don't know if it was exactly the same design, but it looks the same. Gave it to my daughter who still uses it and says it is wonderful.<br /><br />It is very good, but I don't think it is as good as they claim or worth the big bux.

SpinnerBait_Nut

I paid a little over 400 dollars for mine about 5 year or so ago and it's been worth ever penny to the wife and I.<br /><br />It comes apart to make a scaffol(sp) platform, you can make one side shorter than the other to work on steps, it's really pretty cool and works well for us around the house and outside cleaning gutters and putting up Christmas decorations etc.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

We use them all the time around the big aircraft here. They are very sturdy, and take a lot of abuse. <br />Just don't stand it in the pool and run the electric cord over to use your power drill while barefoot. :) I wish I could find that picture.<br /><br />Seriously though, just remember it is an aluminum ladder and WILL transmit electricity.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Ralph 123

Captain

Hey SBN - yes I got the free shipping. They sell through Amazon too. This was the best deal I found because it comes with the 3 accessories that they get like $39 a piece for usually plus the free shipping.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Hey Ralph, I think that work platform thingy is about 60 bucks, so if you got it for 39, that was a good deal. <br />Like I said, once you get it, you will like it and want to throw all your other ladders away.<br /><br />I know I did, but the wife said, oh no, we might need them. They are still in the garage collecting dust.<br /><br />Good luck and let us know what you think once you get it.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

We bought my dad a similar model about 10 years ago. Thing still works great and is very sturdy.<br /><br />Ken

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I got one of the four section folding ladders for less than $100 at Sams Club several years ago (configures from short scaffold to step ladder to "L" shaped ladder, to straight ladder). Sturdy, very handy, easy to use and transport (folded up). <br /><br />Not quite as versatile as the little giant, but at 1/4 of the price, guess it all depends on the features you'll actually use and how often...

Trent

Captain

I got one for x-mas and like it. Little heavy carry it all at one time. Over priced in my view but a good ladder.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

We have one at work, it works very well, and has stood up to a lot of abuse. The only reason I would ever recommend one is because it folds up to a compact package, otherwise a good fiberglass one is the better bet.