Anyone fish with the Banjo Minnow?

pontoonokie

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Anyone fish with the Banjo Minnow?

that is so funny .. my wife wanted a set when they first came out .. i used them as directed .. and never had much luck .. however i rig a few my own way and i like the action of the longer one for bass in a suspended presentation.. also like the small ones rigged like live minnows for crappie and finicky bass..

hankll

Petty Officer 1st Class

bought em used em never got any hits or catches

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

The minute I saw them on TV I said to myself " Who would ever buy these?" The look so gimmickey. Then I saw them at Basspro. Even if you did catch a fish it looks like the lure would be torn to pieces. Just my two cents.

j_martin

Admiral

I have a fishin' buddy that swears by them. He's been having trouble with pneumonia for a month or so, but last night he assured me that when he heals, he wants to go. We'll fish banjo minnow against plastic worm and see what happens.

The way my wife's been whipping me with my own baits makes me somewhat apprehensive.

Geodopolis

Cadet

I've been curious about them too, but I use a Berkley Gulp 4-5" shad with a wide-gap worm hook (rigged weedless) and no weight, bass attack it! I've almost had the rod ripped out of my hands by a northern. Enough different stuff works that I can't find a reason to purchase the Banjo.

fabrimacator21

Petty Officer 1st Class

Waste of money.... tried em MANY times and never had a nibble. They need to be tended to often after casting and if you lose some of those little o-rings then your up chit creek. Funny thing is I DID catch a 6lb bass on a $4 spinner bait... but the $50 banjo kit... nothin.

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class

They've caught more fishermen that fish :D

mappgh

Cadet

I bought them like 10 years ago and loved them, caught lots of decent bass on them and they didn't seem to throw the hook as much either. Are they even still avaialble anymore? I never see them anywhere.

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oh yeah..they work great on my Popeil's Pocket Fisherman.:rolleyes:

danbo

Recruit

They are best for sight-fishing pike or bass in shallow water.

slowjeep

Cadet

my grandma bought my dad and I both a pack of these a few years ago. She heard we were going pike fishing up in canada... They are still in the package, but we did get the dvd out and watch it.

No one tell grandma that though, it would break her heart if she found out that I didnt really use the banjo minnow to catch that 35" pike.