Anyone catch the Badger game?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
I was out kickin' around in the sticks this weekend and didn't catch the game.<br /><br />Was the game as bad as the press is saying it was?<br /><br />Almost fell off the chair at breakfast when I heard the score and that the damn defense allowed 2 td's ...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Anyone catch the Badger game?

I saw most of the first 18 minutes.<br />By then, the Badgers were ahead 28 to zero.<br />Don't know how they played after that, as I had to go to work.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

ok .. that explains a few things.<br /><br />thnx roscoe<br /><br />tells ya what #4 in the Nation in rushing is worth when they meet a defense.<br /><br />heard on the radio today that the guys are brain washed to win .. mental toughness was mentioned more than once by a few different people.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Whatever Barry's doing, it's getting us a whole lot of W's. Some bowl is pretty much a lock. Just a matter of which one. Go Bucky! I heard most of the game and saw a bit. We went to Madtown to visit Grandma and passed by the stadium. I was hoping to hear some cheers, but they were already way ahead and not making much noise. When I went to the UW I lived just a block away. I could hear the crowd cheer just a little before I heard it on the radio. Kind of a reverse-echo effect. The first quarter was the most exciting. The rest just kinda dragged on. Not sure if I prefer a nail-biter or a blowout, but a win is a win is a win. :D

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Any accurate discription of the game would be offensive to our friends to the west. Erasmas James might have played 4 or 5 downs. Didn't even have his pads on for the second half. <br /><br />Stocco is starting to look like a decent QB and the running game was back on track. With a little effort they could have scored another 21 points. Missed a couple of field goals and knowing what a mental thing that is, a potential question mark for the next two weeeks.<br /><br />The seconds string was liberally used to gain experience and things are looking excellent. Two tough games in MSU and Iowa comming up. Over confidence could be an issue.<br /><br />This game was total dominance and after the first quarter not that fun to watch.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

yea WBW, Alverez is making it happen.. one other thing I heard was the use of the both coordinators names multiple times.. like the media wants to dis-assemble 'em cuz their not a 'media hub' team.<br /><br />Barry's done a great job at promoting, but finally getting the media's attention. Just wish Iowa and Michigian were the last teams on the schedule.. instead of M. State ..<br /><br />Stucco ... 297 yds Passing 1td, 2 rush td's ...<br />.. cue the balloons!

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Iowa Is the only one that Im worried about... Tickets were Scalping for 1200 for 4 on the upper deck. My parents have four season tickets I would like to have gone but their highschool group went to this game.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

In addition to now being 9-0, the Badgers brought back the Ax to its rightfull home.<br /><br />Great season so far...

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not too worried about Iowa actually.. don't get me wrong .. we've traveled there and got our share of bruises - thats for sure!<br /><br />The only thing I'm concerned about is the BADGERS beating the Badgers. <br /><br />To me, this poses a greater question -<br /><br /> Are they going to keep their intensity high enough and still play relaxed?? <br /><br />Only time will tell.<br /><br />pjc .. yes! .. Good to have the Axe back at home!