Anyone buy a Repack Icom M504?

lonesouth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I see these listed from $120 up. I've heard they are shelf units with updated software and cannot be sold as new. Anyone bought one and was it in the condition you expected?

lonesouth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anyone buy a Repack Icom M504?

don't think there is one...

i spoke to an icom customer service rep who told me, not in a very convincing way, that these are factory refurbished.

Expidia

Commander

What's the bargain? These companies can put whatever list price on their radios they want and they can only be 25 watt max anyway.

Here is just an example of (in my opinion as strong or stronger name than Icom) and a google search shows them starting new at $79

Google: Standard Horizon GX1000SW 25W FXMOUNT25W FX Mount Eclipse WT DSC

After purchasing a new radio go to Squaretrade.com (owned by Ebay) and for a few bucks extend your radios 1 year warranty out to 3 years. Doesn't matter where you purchased it from with Squaretrade.

Save your dollars on that refurbed, no warranty radio and put some of the savings towards an good antenna (if you don't have a good 8 footer already) like the:

Google: Shakespeare Galaxy 5225-XT VHF Antenna

These also can be found for under $100 new and a good antenna is more important than the radio in my opinion.

Most radios that are shown in white and antennas can also be found in black too in the same models. Mine are both black!

lonesouth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ended up buying a Standard Horizon GC1500S, shakespeare 5225xt and stailess HD ratchet mount total $260 shipped.