Anybody play golf?

mvaughn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just started playing this summer. How can something fun, yet frustrating at the same time? Anyone else find this sport the same way?

mvaughn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Anybody play golf?

It's a great excuse to drink beer....

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Don't drink beer anymore, but when I did, I didn't have to have an excuse.<br /><br />Tried golf once but was bored with it.

AzMeadMan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes I play :D , not very well :mad: , but I do like going out. Somedays I am good off the tee and some days I can't hit the ball to save my life. My short game is the only thing that I do well :D . Carry a pocket fisherman in your bag for those days when your really bad or the course is slow and you can get two sports in one. There are some big fish in the water hazards. <br /><br />Do you know why they call it Golf?<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />Beacuse S**T was already taken. :p

one more cast

Captain

I used to play once in awhile. DON'T EVER use the ball washer. I followed the directions and it felt really good until I turned the crank. I'll never use that thing again. :eek:

LadyFish

Admiral

I've put on 8 golf tournaments but never played. I know I'd like to learn someday.

mvaughn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've had quite a bit of fun with it this year. Never really thought I would like it, but the wifey insisted I give it a try. Still ain't any good though.

Link

Rear Admiral

My fishing partner says his Grand Father gave him some good advice as a young lad...<br />NEVER play a game in which you hit a ball as far as you can and then have to chase it yourself! :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Practically grew up on the golf courses around Pinehurst, NC, where I was born.<br /><br />It is a decent excuse to go for a walk in beautiful surroundings, but when you have watched pros like Hogan and Middlecoff for years, trying to do the same thing they did was an invitation to humiliation.

magster65

Commander

I used top play (9 holes) a couple times a week until my son was born. My best round I parred the course... it was great! I also eagled a hole with my second shot from about 140 yards once (witnesses!). It can be a frustrating game but I find the 'odd' perfect or near perfect shot keeps you wanting more. I pulled my clubs out of storage just the other day... I'll be heading down to the driving range tomorrow... it's time to get back into it. :) <br />Frustrating or not, I love it!

ebbtide176

Commander

only when i go on the biannual trip to the NS RR's corporate forest reserve, where the 9ho course is included in the cabin rental. then i play @ 4hrs a day x5days. its too much like trying to be a tennis pro for me to take seriously. i only do it because the other guys (cousins, inlaws) will have someone to barely beat, altho they've all paid $$$ to practice back at home. :D <br /><br />so, yeah i like golf. its just above playing puttputt on my things to do list :D <br />honestly, its really fun to me, and i hit the course more than anyone while i'm at the reserve. but only because its free, and challenging. i just don't pay to play elsewhere because i decided the $$$ it would take will go to other hobbies.<br /><br />its a 90-170yrd course, not too rough, and i usually am not in last place, in a group of 4-6 players. but i can only drive @ 150 with those loaner clubs. i always make up on the chips & putts. goonie golf payed off back in highschool ;) <br /><br />PS: its fun - my young cousin who is a big ole boy can drive what i do with a 3wood and he uses a 9iron. i think the last time he tried a 5iron the ball disappeared and i think it killed a buzzard. the time on the course leads to some fine grins&laughs.

Ron G

Commander

I was going to play once,but i think id rather fish i can drink beer and fish :) and if im lucky i can have a good supper too. :D

brother chris

Commander

yup, I play golf, I am not very good at it, but it is a good time anyways. <br />Although, I do play Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006, on PS2; it is much easier, and cheaper. :D <br />In fact, that is what I am doing right now. :D <br />Best round -26 under par. In real life...best round was high 80's

NOSLEEP

Commander

I knew a guy that played golf some time ago,<br />but he don't come around here no more. :p

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I play often.<br /><br />Still have a hard time getting the ball through the windmill and the clowns mouth.