Anybody have kidney stones?

Kenneth Brown

Captain
I got to spend last night in the ER with stones. It seemed like forever till I got anything for the pain. Finally I got some Toradal, Bental, and Phenergine, all at the same time. Lghts out and no more pain. If you haven't experienced this yet be ready cuz it ain't a joke at all. Reminds me of that song "Fire down below"

Homerr

Commander
Re: Anybody have kidney stones?

Yep... been there done that. I also spent an eternity waiting for relief at the ER.<br /><br />I finally got some good drugs to help until I had ESWL done. (Shock-wave litho-tripcy... sp?).. They blasted the little critter. I was off work for about 3 weeks cause my area didn't have the machine. It comes around in a big semi-truck to the hospitals.<br /><br />If you ever wondered what child birth felt like... You're experiencing it right now. :eek: <br /><br />Just take your "Feel good" medicine, and hope it will pass on it's own, or you may have to have a procedure done. I opted for the ESWL over the "roto-rooter" method... (Sorry, but exit only for me!)<br /><br /><br />I feel your pain bro.. and it's no fun AT ALL.<br /><br />About the best piece of advice I can give? Make sure and take your pain meds BEFORE they run out of your system... Your body needs to stay relaxed so the stone can pass. Don't wait for the pain to start up again. Keep the med levels up... <br />At least that's what my doctor said since I rarely took pain meds, and didn't really care for them.<br /><br /><br />H.

LadyFish

Admiral

Back in October I was traveling and came down with a severe kidney infection. When I went to the ER they discovered I had kidney stones on top of the rip roarin kidney infection. I honestly have never felt such pain before in my life, and yes, that includes childbirth and I had my daughter all natural.<br /><br />Very, very painfull KB. I feel for ya. I understand its even more painful for men.<br /><br />Hang in there, with any luck at all they will pass on their own in a few days. In the mean time, get out the cranberry juice and keep them flushed.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope it all works out OK.<br />George

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I had 9 kids myself. I'm not going to go in to detail about what I had done if you do search for stone you can see it in detail. But the last one I had was 15mm in diameter and was removed by laser surgery in a nutshell they insert a small laser and scope thru the front end of your male plumbing far enought to touch the stone in the kidney and blast it with 2 laser pulses. Not much pain but you pee blood and stone fragments for 4 or 5 days......your urolist should have the stone biopsyed for composition and if our stones are uric acid type{common one} they can give you pills to control uric acid they work I have not had one in 1 1/2 years........

LubeDude

Admiral

Oh yes, Been there, done that. :eek: :eek: Id rather have a tooth pulled with no novicain than have to go through that again.<br /><br />Something needs to be done as far as the treatment that the ERs give to Kidney stone patients. It sucks!! Besides having to wait while the Illegal aliens go in before you do. :mad: :mad:

Homerr

Commander

9 kids Blu? WOW! :eek: <br />You figure out what causes that? LOL!!<br /><br />My stone was a uric-issue as well. <br />It was the size of a pencil eraser, and your 'tubes' out of your kidneys are about the size of spaghetti. <br /><br />I had to wait until it was in an area where the doctor could blast it. I was not in favor of roto-rooter up the member :eek: <br /><br /><br />H.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I was lucky mine happened on a Wendsday and the laser was to be at the hospital on Friday. I was given Morphine in the ER after I threatin' to get it myself. I was brought to the OR and had a stent inserted and the pain was gone I did not need anymore meds till after the laser surgegy and that was only a few motrin......

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I've never had this problem (touch wood)and having read through this post I hope to God I never do, my eyes are watering and I feel very uncomfortable just reading this.<br /><br />On that note does anyone have any advise on how to avoid them.??

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Drink LOTS of water, keep your animal based protiens under 10 ounces a day are some of the things I remember.