Anybody else having recent troubles with image hosting?

QC

Supreme Mariner
Yesterday it was my avatar that disappeared. It was hosted at imagehosting.com, I switched to imagehosting.us and all better. I see today that they are back up and requiring registration, so I guess that explains that.<br /><br />Then today a pic I had hosted on tinypics.com went bye bye. Can't get through to anything there so I rehosted that one at the .us site too. Seems odd, like they're dropping like flies . . . :confused:

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: Anybody else having recent troubles with image hosting?

That's exactly why I pay about $7/month for dedicated web space for my site and I post my pics there. It never goes down. I tried all the free sites...and you get exactly what you pay for....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Well if I had pretty twinkly lights on my avatar, i'd do the same . . . :D <br /><br />I actually think I do have free webspace with my ISP. That's it! I need to spend even MORE time on my computer. "Just another minute Honey, it's really important this time . . . no, really".

f_inscreenname

Commander

My site takes a long time to open (for uploads and such). I have DSL now but with that site it was like when I had 28K. Every other site is as fast as it should be. I would use my website like KK does but I have future updates for it so I would rather use free hosting for posts on websites.