Anybody else a slave to a paint brush this summer?

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It's big, it's ugly and it's wood siding. I'm about ten percent done and the Virginia weather gets pretty iffy.<br /><br />Why on earth I let the Mrs. talk me into wood siding I'll never know.<br /><br />Have a great summer.<br /><br />Jinx

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Anybody else a slave to a paint brush this summer?

Nope, got siding... :D :p Good Luck!

oddjob

Commander

Next time make it alluminum..just kidding.. :)

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Original part of the house was built in 1810. I guess we were just keeping it original. Maybe someday I can have a new house where the corners are close to square, and nothing has to be custom made!<br /><br />Jinx

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Yes I am also a slave to my paint brush. I just got done building my deck and it needs staining.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Have you thought about the vinyl coating that can be put on your wood siding? It is surpose to seal all the cracks and creavices and makes your house weather tight. That would help prolong the life of your house even more. Plus, no more PAINT!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Love my cedar siding. Next year it will be solid stained. Second coat after applying original Sherman Williams "Wood Scapes", water based solid stain seven year warranty stuff seven years ago. Great product.<br /><br />To this topics point, yep, Lovely Bride decided in early March that entire interior of our castle should be painted. And color to suit Her desires per room. And primed again first. Before color coat. Sherman Williams product of course.<br /><br />We tag teamed this one and was pretty conflict free. I did freak at some of the Brides color choices 'till they dried and achieved their true color.<br /><br />Thank God for Latex paint-----never oil in this home!!!!!!<br /><br />PC

JRJ

Commander

Have had excellant results with Benjamin Moore paint here. The next house will be stucco.

Link

Rear Admiral

Love my cedar siding also... well whats up so far :rolleyes: Have both ends done and now for the front and back. Since I'm working alone I use #15 brads to tack on first like you see here then nail it afterwords to suck it up tight to the house.<br />
watermark.php

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Need some help painting, read Huckelberry Finn, story has a great way to get it done with little or no effort on your part, ;)

gaugeguy

Captain

Or you can always bet your wife dinner that you can build a fence faster than she can paint the house :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> Or you can always bet your wife dinner that you can build a fence faster than she can paint the house :D
That only worked once.. ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Well after building our new house in 2000 I wanted vinly siding and the misses wanted cedar clap boards!!!<br /><br />well she got her way and now it is up to her to paint it!!! even tho it is only 18' to the peak and she is afraid of heights it's still her job to maintain the exterior!!! I'm to busy with fishing, skiing and hunting!!! ;) :cool:

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

3 words my friends<br /><br />Vinyl is Final

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Throbbin Rods:<br /> 3 words my friends<br /><br />Vinyl is Final
Won't even try argue with ya on that. (I'd be on the loosing end is why) ;) <br /><br />And don't asked me why because I can't give a good answer but I just love Cedar siding. And as LAZY as I am, I'm looking forward to the second coat also. Thats STRANGE! <br /><br />The one thing I hate is painted Cedar.. might as well done the smart thing and went with Vinyl! :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Not necessarily a slave to the paint brush, but I do have a bunch of "little things" to do around here..<br />Finish up the back yard fence (should finish that this weekend)..<br />New siding on the sheds, then paint..<br />Sprinklers need some attention..<br />Bunch of landscape stuff and re sod (which can wait till fall)..<br />Few other things..<br /><br />And then, one good Bud who cut out a bunch of drywall at his place, then decided he did'nt know WTH he was doing, so he calls me(joke's on him :p .. i ain't got a clue either, and i swear i'm gonna take the sawsall away from him before it's all said and done :D )

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

No paint here either.<br /><br />HOWEVER:THIS WEEKEND<br /><br />Just replaced the third out of TEN interior doors(Six Panel)<br /><br />Installed ceiling fan<br /><br />Cleared the weep hole in the upstairs throne<br /><br />Replaced three pieces of vinyl siding(15 feet up)<br /><br />Changed clutch fan in the Sonoma<br /><br />Deep cleaned the boat and still managed to get a little water time on Sunday.<br /><br />I'm going to have to go back to work to get some rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />>>>>>>>HAPPY BOATING<<<<<<<