Anybody downrig out of kincardine or 0wen Sound

scott11

Seaman
does anybody on the site do any fishing out of kincardine or owen sound ontario. I havent done any downrigging since we sold our old boat and just recently bought a 17' wilker. From what i hear lake huron salmon fishing has gone right downhill in the past few years so i was wondering what everyone is catching now. I hear walleye are starting to come back again but i have no clue what the trick is to catching them out in huron.

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: Anybody downrig out of kincardine or 0wen Sound

does anybody on the site do any fishing out of kincardine or owen sound ontario. I havent done any downrigging since we sold our old boat and just recently bought a 17' wilker. From what i hear lake huron salmon fishing has gone right downhill in the past few years so i was wondering what everyone is catching now. I hear walleye are starting to come back again but i have no clue what the trick is to catching them out in huron.

You didn't buy your Wilker in Port Elgin by chance. A fishing buddy sold his and got a new Lund with a 60 hp Merc. Better on fuel. He downrigs out of PE any chance he gets.

scott11

Seaman

I bought this one out of goderich. Was your buddies boat set up for an outboard motor or i/o? We used to do some fishing out of port elgin a few years back when we had our old silverline and had pretty good luck. How is your buddy doing out there?

Jeep Man

Commander

I bought this one out of goderich. Was your buddies boat set up for an outboard motor or i/o? We used to do some fishing out of port elgin a few years back when we had our old silverline and had pretty good luck. How is your buddy doing out there?

His was a mid '80s with an outboard, 110 or 115. I haven't seen him since we fished together for a week in Quebec in June, but he generally does pretty well with lakers and salmon.

scott11

Seaman

Since the weather has gotten so bad i think im just gonna hold off with going out until the spring. I have a soft spot in my floor so i think im gonna work on replacing the floor and doing some touch up work to the boat. Id rather have this all done with and have it ready to fish in the spring