any way to restore cup holders from yellowed back to white?

mklawz

Cadet
I bought some replacement cup holders but returned them because they were too white, seemed too lightweight & flimsy, and just didn't seem like good replacements in general. So Im back to my UV-yellow'd ones. Is there any way to restore the old color?

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander
Re: any way to restore cup holders from yellowed back to white?

Rustoleum sells spray paint just for plastic...Wally World has it, havnt tried it, but its a thought....

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I just replaced my old white plastic ones with stainless. It goes with anything!

But if the new white ones were too white, what are you going to paint your yellow ones with?

skargo

Banned

Mine are 33 years old and look great. They are black.

mklawz

Cadet

It's not a 'stainless boat'. lol.

white is the hardest color to match. I like the paint idea though, that might be my best shot.

It's funny what you can live with with a used boat and what you cant. I cant stand that the cup holders have faded and dont match the fiberglass anymore. lol.

204 Escape

Ensign

I used the Krylon Fusion paint 4-5 years ago on some shutters on my house. It still looks good. Hint: rub the to be painted product with some 000 steel wool. (Take any "shine" off of the plastic before spraying.

Good luck

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Find some black cup holders...or paint yours black. With the right primer , it will hold up very well.