Any Takers???

SoulWinner

Commander
Hey you guys, I get crap like this about every 2 months. I love it. It's the only interesting spam I get, and I thought it might entertain you. Any of you get this too??<br /> <br /> <br /><br />FROM THE DESK OF: OLA MARK <br />MANAGER CREDIT AND FOREIGN BILLS.<br />UNION BANK PLC. mark2k4real@yahoo.com<br /><br />Attn: Sir<br /><br />My name is Ola Mark the manager, credit and foreign bills of Union Bank Nigeria Plc. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of my bank with account number 14-255-2004/utb/t who perished in a plane crash Korean Air Flight 801] with the whhome to claim his funds of USD$.30 m, [Thirty million United States dollars] which has been with my branch for a very long time. On this note, I decided to seek for a foreigner who I can present as the next of kin hence<br />no one has come up to be the next of kin. And the banking ethics here does not allow such money to stay more Than Eight years, after which the money will be called into the bank treasury as unclaimed funds after this period. In view of this I got your contact from a business contact enquiry. Note that you do not need to have similar names with the late beneficiary. I will give you 25% of the total. Upon the receipt of your response, I will commence on manipulating your information into the file as the next of kin and I will send you information on how we<br />intend to actualize our objective in a legal manner. <br /><br />I will not fail to bring to your notice that this business is hitch free and that you should not entertain any fear as all modalities for fund transfer can be finalized within five banking days, after your claim is established as the certified next of kin to the deceased. When you receive this letter. Kindly, send me your private Tel/Fax Numbers thruogh my private emaill<br />address at mark2k4real@yahoo.com for quick communication .<br /><br /><br />Awaiting your favorable response.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Yours truly,<br /><br /> <br /><br />Mr.Ola Mark

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Any Takers???

Yep, SW, I got one exactly like it! Went immediately to the "report spam" feature on AOL!

SoulWinner

Commander

Brian, you mean you didn't want the 7 million dollars either?!?!? Well, it's nice to meet another fellow iBoats member that doesn't need the burden of those few extra million bucks to pay taxes on. Hey, lets get together sometime and race our Bentleys....bet mine is slower than yours:)

Link

Rear Admiral

Yup got that about a year ago. Went straight into deleted files.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have gotten a few like that.<br /><br />I think of it a scam rather than spam.<br /><br />The scary part is that it must work once in a while or they wouldn't keep doing it.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Theres a sucker born every minute. In the UK there are loads of various ones that appeal to your greed, send them £600 get x million. The sad thing is people do. These used to be done by mail but with email its so easy and low cost to hit 1000's of people.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

It's getting better, I just got another from Nigeria for 66 million, my cut will put me in clover until forever or longer. :eek: <br /><br />NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC) <br />----------------------------------MEMO--------------------------------<br />FROM:DR.INNOCENT EKE.<br />Falomo, Ikoyi<br />Lagos - Nigeria<br />MY PRIVATE E-MAIL: inno_eke2002@myway.com <br /> <br /> <br />Good Day,<br /> <br />I got your contact through a reliable source, who is a good friend of mind just on a trip from your country. I then pick a keen interest in you and wish to request for this business relationship with you.<br />Briefly, may I take this liberty to introduce myself as the director of project and engineering of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). I am privileged to be the chairman of the federal contract review committee set up by present civilian government of Nigeria to audit and review payment of foreign contractors.<br /> <br />Subsequently, an internal audit was carried out with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) only to discover the sum of $62,000,000.00 (sixty-two million united state dollars) in their account as an unclaimed payment due to foreign contractors. This indeed represent 10% of the total

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

I got one some years ago at my business address. Don't know how they got my name , title, company, etc. all right, but they did. It was new to me, so I talked to the FBI about it. The agent wasn't surprised that it came from Nigeria. He joked that everyone over there apparently considered themselves a prince, crown princess, or minister of something, since there were plenty of scams like this originating from there. Apparently the attitude carries over, since a few years later I got involved as a witness in a US business scam attempt out of Houston and the people involved were all naturalized citizens from, you guessed it, Nigeria. I guess some people do fall for it, but as somebody famous once said "You can't cheat an honest man". The scam depends on somebody's greed and willingness to break the law for profit.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Got a couple faxes from some Nigerian bank about some kinda loan deal a few years ago.. Of course they were wanting all my info and a few thousand bucks, in return they offerd some obsurd amout of money... HA! Yeah right!... The FBI was very intrested, and so was the Seceret Service...

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I got a new one recently. The title was "Where is the money you owe me." <br />I saw what was written in the preview pane. It said it they "knew all about me" and had a link to an IP address to "Prove it". That they would call the cops unless I paid them. <br /><br />Obviously did not fall for that one. It did seem creative though.

okiesalt

Recruit

Hey SoulWinner Im glad to see that you item in the auction is fixed. It looks like its starting to pick up.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Got a couple faxes from some Nigerian bank about some kinda loan deal a few years ago.. Of course they were wanting all my info and a few thousand bucks, in return they offerd some obsurd amout of money... HA! Yeah right!... The FBI was very intrested, and so was the Seceret Service...
Hey snapper, the FBI won't do nothing.<br />They have no authority in Nigeria.<br />That's why it all comes from there.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Next time open a new bank account with a one dollar deposit and then give them that bank account number. They would have to do a ton of legwork, just to find out the account only has one dollar. :D <br /><br />I get them all the time.<br /><br />Ken