Any recommendations on welded alum fishing boats

msquicci

Cadet
I'm researching welded aluminum fishing boats, 18-20'. I've gathered information on Alumacraft, Alumaweld, Duckworth, and Raider. Any recommendations on these or another? Mike

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Any recommendations on welded alum fishing boats

I bought a new Xpress 18' modified V all welded boat in 1999 and it's been just fine, no problems at all, hull and sides are .100" thick. Check Sea Ark boats, they make an extensive line of aluminum fishing boats, work boats, patrol boats, etc., some very heavy duty, serious boats. It all depends on your wants, needs, what you're willing to spend. Good Luck!

SNye45

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Try Thunderjet. They are built in Eastern Washington. They have Jets but also O/B's. They are very well built and offer a lot for the money. I have a 20ft Thunderjet Luxor with an offshore bracket, which creates a lot of room. It's powered by a O/B 115 hp 4 stroke Suzuki.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

+1 on SeaArk or Xpress. Can't go wrong with either. There are also a couple of other really good lines, Xcel and Legend Craft, that have been well received. If you're looking for a duck/fish type rig the natural state is where you'll find the best ones by far. They've been building them down here for a long time.

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I recommend you check out Ironwood boats in British Columbia.

http://www.ironwoodboats.com/

One thing I like about their boats is the variable deadrise, a feature not normally found in aluminum boats.

robert graham

Admiral

Check out Fishrite Boats, made in Oregon, heavy duty, made for some Pacific Northwest rivers, whitewater, Alaska. Look like some really nice boats!

msquicci

Cadet

Thanks for the suggestiions. I'll check out some of these. Right now I'm leaning toward the Duckworth and Raider, both appropriate for OS waters.