any recallso or headace on 89 200 hp Evinrude

Max7

Seaman
hi somebody is selling me an outboard 1989 200 hp V6 VRO 25" long shaft oil injected with power trim. Do somebody knows if there any recalls on this engines of if they give trouble a lot on any mechanic or electrical part, or any body had experience a bad problem on this kind of outboard?and if there is any recall or some other problem could it be fixed? thank for any help and for stoping by to read this subject <br /> solomax7@aol.com

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: any recallso or headace on 89 200 hp Evinrude

Good motor. Lots of torque & power. Basically the same from 88 to 92. You might want to update the VRO to the new style OIS pump if it wasnt already. <br /><br />Just make sure you prop it out right.

Max7

Seaman

thanks Dhadley is making me more confortable know,I just forgot to writte down what could it be the least Presure on the cylinders (Pistons) this guy said right know the motor have around 80 LB of presure on each clynd, but he said that the motor haven't been start around a year and the soon the clynd gets oil the presure is going to increase, do somebody knows is this is true.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Those motors were around 90 or so normally. Dont worry too much about the specific number, just that they are all within 15 lbs high to low. We look at the numbers on one side and then the other side. The numbers can be a bit different side to side but well within spec on each side. Especially if the heads aren't a set. Nothing to worry about if the number all look good. gauges vary too. Mine may be a bit different than yours. <br /><br />I wouldnt try to start it until you do the carbs. It will also be a good idea to do the cooling system (pump & stats etc) service too.

Max7

Seaman

thanks Dhadley I really apreciated your help I will follow your advice before I started then. <br /> thank you again.