Any Minnesota members interested in getting together on a montly or bi-monthly basis

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer
I'm just trying to see how much interest their is from our Minnesota Iboats members in getting together every so often to do boat workshops, exchange ideas, tips, etc.

Or even having some time on the water together.

Interested?

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Any Minnesota members interested in getting together on a montly or bi-monthly ba

Boat workshops? What would that be?

Sixmark

Re: Any Minnesota members interested in getting together on a montly or bi-monthly ba

Don't know exactly what all it would include at this point, just trying to gauge the amount of interest first, get some ideas,etc.

Maybe at one get together we work together on fixing an issue with one guys boat, at another we fix a different guys boat, gives everyone involved a new expereince that they can use in the future. Just something I was kicking around.

superharmonix

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dang, bring that out to southern Oregon! Sounds like a great idea!

oldjeep

Admiral

Maybe at one get together we work together on fixing an issue with one guys boat, at another we fix a different guys boat, gives everyone involved a new expereince that they can use in the future. Just something I was kicking around.

Ah, bet you'll get a few takers that have issues ;) Good luck

Sixmark

Well that's not the idea behind it, this isn't an idea for a free repair service.

DocR

Cadet

Sixmark: {Land of 10,000 lakes and 3 fish} Have it up in Duluth, on Lake Superior, and you can count me in on it.

ejj44

Seaman Apprentice

Where are you all located? I may consider if the drive is not too far.

Icyharp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I agree with location, even though I am in WI I work in MN and am right on the border of the 2 states. Problem I see is all of the lakes and river ways we have getting people to get together on one set lake is tough, and even harder if you are a ways away, why leave your favorite lake to drive to another?

I know what you are asking with a meet and great sort of thing, we do it with our diesels, it is kind of fun to see what people have done what to what. However with boating there is just way to far of a variety of vessels in our area.

Looking at other state get togethers on this site you will see Lake Mead...etc. When you have limited boating lakes or a very large lake in an area those become great spots to try to put an event together, cause most in the area already go there. The Lake Superior comment would be a prime example of a possible great together, only because it is different, very LARGE, and there maybe more intrest for boaters that have never experienced that lake and its shoreline. Having a fellow boater that knows the ropes on that lake is always helpful, takes the edge off.

canoemang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like fun, i dont think my rig would handle Lake Superior very well.

If you guys get the ball rolling on this send me a p.m. always good to meet new folx in the area.