Any Mercedes Benz techie's in the house?

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class
Are there any Mercedes techies or knowledgable owners around? My wife's ride is a older (90's) MB c220. Car's in excellent condition and runs beautifully. Only problem is it "runs out of fuel" even though there's still at least 25 litres of fuel left in the tank. I know this as the tank only takes another 35 litres to fill and the fuel gauge reads half.<br /><br />I've tried to trace the problem and discovered that the car actually have 2 tanks, 1 on either side. As far as I can see, it only has 1 fuel pump.<br /><br />Can anybody please explain to me how fuel get's from 1 tank to the other, how fuel gets to the fuel injection system and if this is a known problem with known solutions?<br /><br />Man this is stumping me big time. To remove the tanks is not really an option as you 1st need to remove the exhaust sytem, then the prop shaft and then half the rear suspension..

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Any Mercedes Benz techie's in the house?

If it has no switch on it to switch between tanks, then it has to draw from both at the same time. Maybe only one has the fuel gauge sender in it and it could be faulty.<br /><br />I know my diesel truck has 2 tanks, but it has a switch to change from one to the other and each has it's own gauge sender.

ob

Admiral

Skinnywater would know the details of it I'd bet.I believe he works for a Mercedes dealership.Perhaps he'll be around and shine some light on your issue.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I will put this in Non-boating Tech.<br /><br />Skinnywater will be along soon.